“Great stay at Revolver in the month of March 14”
Review of Revolver

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darjeeling
Revolver
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Great stay at Revolver in the month of March 14”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed at Revolver with my wife for two nights in the month of March.
It is a great Hotel & owner is extremely professional. Free wifi is a highlight & works nicely everywhere at the Hotel.

The concept of gas geyser was bit different for me & it is bit inconvenient. However, no complaints on that as the concept was nicely explained to me.

One night, I had a dinner there & got an opportunity to taste the Naga cuisine for the first time. I must say Naga cuisine is a treat for meat eaters and tastes really different than other Indian cuisine.

Overall, I will highliy recommend this Hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Me and my husband stayed there for one night only (as we didn't book earlier) but the experience was delightful. After we reached there the owner greeted us and showed us our rooms.It was nice clean and well decorated.The room had bed warmers and 24 hours running hot water.The reception and the common room both were beautifully decorated and in addition to that there is touch of Beatles everywhere.The place is behind a chapel so one can not see it from the roads.It is a small, nice and cosy place away from any crowd. the mall is 15 mins walking distance from the hotel.
there were few local dishes available in their restaurant. we tried one and it was good and different. But if u want to eat there u have to inform earlier because it is not actually a walk in restaurant.
So If u plan to stay there and I recommend that u do, u better book early as they have only 5 rooms in their hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Delhi, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Hello everybody !! To be honest, I'm not quite a traveler so havent really stayed at many but this small cozy impressive lodge has been a greeaaatt delight.:) I would surely recommend it to everybody coming over to darjeeling... Me & my wife cud n't really stop praising every bit of effort & detail that has gone into creating the ambience and BEATLES theme decor of the place.The creators seemed to be die hard beatles fans and ardent music lovers..
" a comfortable & memorable stay& treatment need not be expensive at all" and this lodge proves this clear.The rooms initially seemed slightly small but were just PERFECT - U'd actually question urself :why do you really need anything bigger than this ? The windows opened up to lovely scenic sight & washroom & cupboard layout is smart to optimize space. Amazing hospitality- what great food -- yummy and just filling and that too very reasonable :) what more could we expect ... truly pleasurable.. I'm sure one would cherish every moment spent here ...!!
The initial intro briefing by the owner cum manager Vikash was crisp and humble. He was more like a friend allowing us to stay at his place... Kudos to Vikash for maintaining the place as it is. Believe me I actually I wanted to extend my trip by 2-3 days in darjeeling after staying ..!! SO PLEASE PRE BOOK A ROOM AT REVOLVER MONTHS BEFORE, AS I'M PRETTY SURE THERE WOULD BE NO VACANCY A WEEK BEFORE YOU ARRIVE :) :)

Cheers !!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arpanmaiti
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I have been using trip advisor for quite some time now, however this is the first time I am writing a review for any hotel... Revolver to me was the best decision I took during my north east travel in April. Vikash, the owner of this place, is super supportive and it is because of him that we had such an awesome trip not just in darjeeling, however in sikkim too.. Keep up the good work.. Your place might be small, but your hospitality far exceeds that of many bigger hotels :)

Stayed April 2014
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed in march (holi)..with a whole lot of kids...unbelievable comfort and amenities. ..at this price..fantastic...also availed the transport from the hotel...which was super comfy and very efficient....thanks daniel and sawant....hats off to vikash and everyone.....the yahako platter and conntinental were fantastic....personally loved the naga platter ( dried fish)....

It was honest, efficient and ethical...

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sandipan2014
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Best hotel I've had in India! At the heart of Darjeeling yet in a secluded courtyard away from the street mayhem. Beautifully decorated, it could rival any boutique hotel at home, yet the price was less then 20 US$ per night! Even if you are travelling on a tight budget I would recommend spending a bit extra trying to land a room in this place.

Owners were extremely helpful I spent quite a while in Darjeeling looking for a motorbike to buy. They assisted me with all my needs and were very patient and did their best to accommodate all my needs. Would be forever grateful for their help.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

A great place to stay, tucked away behind a little chapel. Vikash the owner was very knowledgable and helpful. The food was good and we used Daniel, the revolver driver, a number of times for pickups, sightseeing and drop offs.
Excellent attention to detail, especially with the electric blanket, would have given 5/5 stars had the water pressure been better.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple