“Personalised service and location...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darjeeling
Hotel and Restaurant Shangri-la
Ranked #4 of 126 Darjeeling B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Location: Bang on Nehru Road (erroneously called Mall Road) perfect for shopping area and Chourasta.
Rooms: Huge rooms with separate sitting area and beautiful interior. The bathroom is shockingly small and does not have a health faucet (bad for indian travellers)
Service: Since there are 3 rooms only, Ms.Lahmu, the caretaker is available within seconds of the buzzer (room does not have a phone..which is not a negative point). She ensures superb personalised service. I travelled with my 70+ parents & 1 year old daughter and were made perfectly at-home.
Restaurant: Had dinner twice. Food and Service are average.
Complimentary Breakfast : Very Good but got boring on the third day due to limited options.
Last negative comment : Probably due to limited space, saw matress & laundry lying on the corridor throughout my stay.

Overall Experience: Very Good and will stay there next time I am in Darjeeling.

Room Tip: I had taken 102 & 103. Both are similar and good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 June 2013

The majestic rooms, the flawless service, the benevolent hospitality, the breathtaking ambience, the outstanding restaurant, the mouthwatering food, the mindblowing facilities and amenities provided to us during our stay at Hotel Shangri-La in the first week of June was truly exemplary, and to say the least,unparalleled and unmatched. I personally recommend all the Darjeeling-goers to check in at Shangri-La because what they offer you against their reasonable tariff is impossible for any other hotels of similar category. Hotels in Darjeeling(don't want to name any ) that charge double or even tripple the tariff that Shangri-La does, I am afraid, doesn't provide half or even a third of what one enjoys at Shangri-La. So,there being limited rooms and a heavy rush for booking, it's certainly advisable to book your Attic Suite at Shangri-La well in advance lest you let the opportunity go abegging, once again!!!
Well, I am booking my room for the month of November today,now!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed in one of the attic suite rooms (it has only four rooms) for three nights at Hotel & Restaurant Shangri-la. The hotel, which is above its restaurant, is conveniently located near the start of Mall Road.

Our room is large and airy yet cosy with a designated seating area with big bay windows that let us enjoyed the hustle and bustle of Mall Road from the comfort of our room. We slept very well because the double bed was very comfortable and our room was quiet (the noise from the Mall died down before 10pm and only resumed after 9am when the shops started to open for business).

Daily breakfast was served in our room by the hotel’s very competent, polite and professional female housekeeper who also took care of all the other housekeeping needs in our room.

WiFi connection was excellent.

A minor grouse: Even with the shower curtains in place and our attempt to reduce the water flow, the compact toilet could still get quite wet after we showered as the shower floor level was same as the rest of the toilet.

Still, we will recommend Hotel & Restaurant Shangri-la to any couple looking for a nice getaway without burning a hole in the pocket.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

this is a very good hotel with resturant. they have only 3 rooms.
interior is very nicely decorated. it is almost on the mall. i would recommend
this hotel if budget is not a constrain . food is also good but costly.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2013

A sweet vintage property, managed in vintage style, with modern comforts, by decent and sweet staff.

Fireplace is available from Oct-Dec. Heater can be rented at Rs300 per day - we were thinking about it in our trip in May. It was very cold.

I love love love the large wood rooms. I wish the bathroom was larger, but it is good.

Food: english/continental breakfast was wonderful/good quality. We enjoyed our indian dinner. I liked the lemon chicken with fried croutons, chicken mushroom soup I had another time. The quantity was too much. I did not enjoy the garlic chicken though - it was too saucy for me, actually it was a indo chinese dish. I personally prefer less indian in non indian dishes.

This is an ecotel with request for respect for water. I also suggest the tourists to be respectful to the decent staff and locals of the area.

Sadly, our sink was clogged on the third day. I will stay here at all my upcoming visits to darjeeling.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Me & my family lodged at Shangri-la's room no.103 from 24/04/13 to 26/04/13 and I must say it is one of the best place to stay in Darjeeling both in terms of service & ambiance. Mr. Vikas on the front desk is an extremely polished and helpful gentleman and all the attendants are very courteous too.

The rooms are grandiose and they give you an Imperial feel as soon a you enter inside. The house keeping is excellent & the house keeping girl will greet you every time with a warm smile.

The hotel is in a great location (5 mins walk from Mall & Chowrasta) & its a complete Value for money. Hotel and Restaurant Shangri-la is the BEST DEAL.

Room Tip: The view from Room No. 103 is brilliant.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I had booked the hotel by going through their website in may 2012. I contacted Mr. Ranjan Lama,who in turn explained me the booking rules and then I deposited the requisite value in their bank account and was confirmed the booking by return mail on the same day. I stayed for 3 days from 22/12/2012 to 25/12/2012 in room no - 3, probably the best room in the hotel. I requested Mr. Lama to allot me room no - 3 only while requesting for the booking, which he gladly confirmed. During September 2012, I again contacted Mr. Lama for a pick up car from Bagdogra Airport via Mirik Lake to the hotel. I requested to allot me an Innova car, which was again confirmed by Mr. Lama and Mr. Gailly(all car bookings are controlled by him). My stay at the hotel was very memorable. Rooms are very big and clean( cleaned every day),views are best from the windows ! Food available at the restaurant was really good and was served utmost hygienically unlike other renowned restaurants in Darjeeling. Breakfast served daily was very good. Even at the day of my check out on 25/12/2012, I was served breakfast by 7.30 am well before their normal breakfast start hours. I would simply love to recommend this hotel to all. I would love to stay at this hotel again and again.

Room Tip: Go for room no - 3 with fire place.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple