“Comfy stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darjeeling
Hotel and Restaurant Shangri-la
Ranked #4 of 126 Darjeeling B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Visited Darjeeling again in MAY 14 , with friends and family .Had no second thoughts on stay .Close to Chow Rasta. Excellent in service .Mr.Ranjan responds on mail pretty fast and the service at the hotel is excellent

Room Tip: Take an attic room if u can climb 5 floors.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Highly recommended ...a very nice hotel . stayed there for 3 days....was an enjoyable experience...their restaurant is also decent , I ate dinner everyday in the hotel itself. the staff is very courteous and well mannered. The only negative thing about the hotel is their inability to arrange taxis for you at reasonable rates. Please go to the taxi stand and book a taxi as the hotel staff is more interested in inflating the price. Apart from that , everything is awesome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel has just 3 rooms on offer but these are to be booked through the office in England. I was very keen on staying here but because of some mix up, Mr Lama replied to me on a wrong email id. Since I didnt get their bank account details after waiting for more than two days, I booked another property which unfortunately turned out to be a bigger disaster. I wish Mr Lama made booking simpler and handed over the procedure to someone in Darjeeling itself. I called, messaged, skyped many times but didnt get a reply on time.
Anyways, so we then visited their restaurant as I had emailed Mr Lama I would. And this was not a disappointment at all. There were a few points that could be improved upon for sure but the manager, Mr Alexander, who is a very happy, jovial follow made upto it with his smile and happy demeanour. I ordered American Chopsuey which was just the way I like it. The Fried Chicken Momos were very good too. The food is very reasonably priced. The restaurant decor is cozy and welcoming. Food takes time to come but Mr Alexander keeps visiting your table and tries to cheer you up while you wait for your order. The restaurant is heavily understaffed. There are only 3 people taking orders, serving and clearing tables. The toilet was very dirty and even telling the lady who said she will get it cleaned, it remained the same till we finished our meal and left.
Overall a very pleasant experience with ShangriLa. If only their booking procedure was faster and simpler.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I am extremely pleased with my experience during my stay at the Shangrila hotel, Darjeeling. I was with my family (my wife, twin sons and myself) and we enjoyed our stay to the fullest. Everything regarding Shangrila seemed good, including the room (I stayed in room # 102 - this one was with a fireplace), location (less than a minute from the mall), staff (courteous, ever-smiling), ambience (awesome, with a colonial touch), food (I can write a full paragraph on food alone), free wi-fi, complementary b'fast and so on. Ms. Lhamu, who was in charge of the boarders, was simply awesome - she took very good care of my family. Her ever smiling hospitable nature is worth mentioning, and some important advice that we received from her (even on trivial items that she gave us, say how to reach the toy train station or when to start on our way back to Bagdogra) - proved extremely effective. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and whenever I return to Darjeeling (may be in a couple of years from now), I would not even think of any other hotel and would definitely stay at the Shangrila only.

Room Tip: Room 102 has a fireplace and a nice view of the mall road downstairs, and the mountains behind at a...
1  Thank ArijitDG
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Pros:
Great location, huge rooms with high ceilings with views, comfy beds, excellent rainfall shower, complimentary wifi.

Cons:
Very cold without heat & fireplace is non-functional, for this price I expected slippers, noisy street below.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank mikeplz
Reviewed 27 May 2014

It was truly a wonderful experience. Stayed for 3 nights & was extremely happy with the service, food, standard of room & facilities which included free wi-fi, breakfast etc. The staff was most helpful & responsive. Looking forward to coming back once again.

Room Tip: stay at the attic room no. 103
1  Thank DipankarDeb
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at the Shangri-la Hotel in April 2014 for four nights and had an amazing time. Myself, my husband and our two daughters aged 11 and 8 stayed in an attic room, which had plenty of space - even with the addition of a (very comfortable) camp bed. Little extras like a safe in the room for your valuables, breakfast served in your room every morning and room service for drinks in the evening made our stay a great one. The room was clean, the breakfasts were filling and the employees were friendly and extremely helpful. We ate in the restaurant below on two nights and the food was fantastic and reasonably priced. The hotel is right in the middle of Darjeeling and was an excellent base for exploring the town and fantastic value for money. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone going to Darjeeling, and would definitely stay there again if we returned.

Room Tip: There are only 4 rooms - all looked lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family