“Iplace is good service is ok..I love the french fries..”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Seven Seas Hotel

Seven Seas Hotel
Ranked #38 of 95 Hotels in Darjeeling
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Iplace is good service is ok..I love the french fries..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Food is not good..service is OK..but if you want to stay near by mall..its the right choice for you..Room price is reasonable ..you have to bargain ..We have booked 3 rooms in second floor ..One room is in west side that was nice..

Room Tip: check in west side room..Kanchenjunga is visible
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Subhamoy1987

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jombang, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

The place is very good, just near the mall and you can find any transportation in front of the hotel. The room is quite standard, we paid 1500 rupee for triple. I will not stay at this hotel anymore because:

- Wi-Fi is unreachable, so I need to go to upstairs on the 5th floor.
- They closed the door around 9 pm, hello what kind of hotel who closed the door? so we need to knock and shout out for someone to open the door.
- We book shared jeep for Tiger Hill sunrise and paid 600 rupee for 3 persons, BUT in the early morning (4am) we wake up and ready to depart, no one available, everybody is sleep, so we aroused them and they open the door without knowing about our booking for jeep. And no jeep for us, how irresponsible. Finally we paid extra 100 rupee to book full car.

Room Tip: Do not ever stay at this hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank alidabdul

Travellers are raving about these Darjeeling hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

Good location, just off main strip. We had a superior deluxe double which in high season is supposed to be 3500 rupees. We paid 1000 rupees, which was reasonable for the room standard. Room good size and clean enough, with good views ( from 4th floor). Modern bathroom built into room. However the room was cold, with no way of heating it, hot water a nightmare. Water tank holds water for a 4 min warm shower then takes 20 mins to heat up again if more than one shower needed. Add to this, the staff turn the hot water off every single day, even after numerous run ins, and repeatedly asking them not to! Heard other guests complaining about the same problem day after day. Walls also paper thin, so you are woken up early either by talking, the TV in other rooms being turned on or sneezing/ snoring.

Room Tip: Super deluxe OK, standard rooms downstairs didn't look good.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GAMlondon
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

On reading review from tripadvisor I stepped into this hotel without searching any other hotel with my wife and my three year old baby girl. I took room no 204 which has very nice 270 deg view of darjeeling hill. The room was big enough for twin sharing and one child. Bathroom was also good.
But the floor mat is very very dirty, seems that it is never been changed or cleaned. We were told that 24 hrs running water will be supplied and hot water on demand. 24 hrs running water was supplied but your Geyser will be ON only after 7 a.m in the morning. So if you want to use water in the morning you will have to use chilled water for you and for your baby too!!!!!...If you ring the bell, you will get room serviceman at least after 20 mins but remember you will have to ring the bell time and again. I requested them to provide me one extra pillow for my baby and change one pillow as it was very fat by extra cotton( you can expect it from a room of Rs. 1800/-) but I was strongly refused. Every time I used to go their canteen my myself for hot drinking water as I was fed-up by calling room service. Lastly when I requested the manager for our early leaving in the next morning and getting the geyser ON as early as possible, he told me boldly that it can't be made ON before 7 a.m. On several request he ultimately agreed to make it ON at the night around 10 p.m for 10 mins , so that I get hot water in the next morning. Can you imagine it in a room where you are paying Rs.1800/- per day ???!!!!.... And don't go by the photograph of the rooms at their website. The rooms are very ordinary especially 2nd floor rooms.
Never stay at this hotel with your little child... It is horrible....

1 Thank triya_2010
Kolkata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stepping into this hotel was fun. Come during the off season and ask for discounts otherwise its a little too expensive. Rooms are good and if you have a chance stay in room number (SD-9). It has a 270 degree view of the Darjeeling town and the hills around. And if you are lucky enough you will get a glimpse of the Kanchunjanga range once you wake up early. Summing up...a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Room number SD-9 blindly!!!
1 Thank Sarvajeet S
KOLKATA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

I dropped to Darjeeling on 15th March-13--I was searching for the room near Darjeeling Mall as I was accompanyed by 2 elderly person & a child of below 5. After a search I discover this Seven Seas Hotel very near to Darjeeling Caventers--3 to 5 minutes walking distance to Mall.
I got two Super Deluxe Room-Full View at a very good rate. The room is very clean, Bathroom also is very claen & hygiene with all time Hot Water. Regarding Food we have tried for Indian & Chinese or Oriental--Taste was quite good. The most important thing in this tour is the behaviour of Hotem Manager & Staffs--All very professional & Helpful. Anyone visiting Darjeeling can try the Seven Seas Hotels--I bet you will get value for money.

Room Tip: Take the Super Deluxe or Upper Category Room--Other Rooms I have not seen.
Dhaka, null, Bangladesh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I arrived in darjeeling 1st november,2010. but by touts activity i booked a hotel which was extremly poor and I got scared. then I came out the road and asked few shopkeepers for recommending a good medium range hotel and they recommend me hotel seven seas. I booked a double bed room for RS. 1000 which offers me a mountain view.
my opinions-
1. The owner is really friendly, helpful.
2. bathroom was good...there were no problem regarding hot water.
3. room was good size, very much clean, comfortable bed.
4. no room heater.....may be they provide it on request...but I am not sure.
5. stuff was extremely good and professional behavior.
6. sightseeing management is good.
7. Food quality is good(I only taste indian food, dont know others).
8. No question about security. You may keep valuable things on your room. no one will even touch.
These are all....but its only me....I found it as my pain reliever. thanks

Room Tip: I think asking for a mountain view room will make your stay nice. please ask for a room heater befor...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo