Hotel is one place which gives you peace of mind after a tiring day on a tour destination. This hotel is one which will give you nightmare and will remind you your biggest mistake booking this hotel.
There is just not one reason why I would not recommend this Hotel to anybody, due to this hotel I would think 100 times to revisit even Darjeeling. Here are my observations and feedback about this hotel:
1. The hotel is located in Darjeeling's most dirtiest street with very beautiful scenery of Garbage Bin and gutter everywhere.
2. The Room is too small has very poor lighting. Bedding were very dirty so was the blanket. Thanks god I was carrying my own. Pillows were like dead chickens, good for nothing.
3. There is NO hot water facility available, if you want hot water, ring a bell (yes, no Intercom) and wait if someone bother to come and attend you in 10-15 mins. Ask that guy to get you a bucket full of hot water and he will bring it to you.
4. Hot water is not the only thing, this hotel has Water Problem as well as NO power backup. During my 3 days stay, 2 days were without water in bathroom on which hotel staff were very casual and replied "Darjeeling me aisa hi hota hai" (It is normal in Darjeeling).
5. Poor Room Service is another thing you will see in this hotel. As already mentioned, there is no Intercom, if you want something, ring the bell and someone might come and knock your door in 10-15 mins. You may have to ring the bell more than once.
Overall, Poor Experience with this hotel and hence would not recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the hills of Darjeeling, you will find our hotel bang in the center of town. Although our access is hidden in a quaint little street off one of the main pedestrian streets and we don’t have vehicular access, we are very central and a short walking distance to the main mall/Chowrasta. We offer simple yet value for your money and are happy to help our guests. ... more less