“Excellent property”

Little Tibet Resort
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Darjeeling
“Excellent property”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stay for three days , taking three rooms from 14 july to 17 july .This is the best property in Darjeeling, the manager mr Ajay is very much cooperative and loving person .,
Even staff is also very good

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Noida, India
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed at this beautiful property in June.The entire property has been beautifully decorated in Tibetian style and is very clean.The superdelux rooms are very spacious ,clean ,beautifully planned with Tibetain designs and artifacts and those also have a lovely attached big sit out balcony.The restaurant has been beautifully designed.The food was very nice .We really found items at the souvenier shop worth the price! The owner and his wife are very warm people.The Operation Manager went out of the way to arrange two movies for us, ''Everest'' and ''Barfi''. It was splendid watching these movies. We could relate the location where ''Barfi'' was shot ,during our city tour the next day.The Operation Manager Ajay Tamang played an excellent host and made our stay a memorable one.The location of the property is one of the finest in town.

4 Thank adsh s
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed in the resort for 3 nights in June 2013. our stay was excellent. Superdeluxe room had an attached terrace, which provided a beautiful view. Rooms were clean, and spacious. The quality of food was very much of our taste with minimal spices, oil and excellent taste. The tibetan ambiance was the kind never experienced before. The owner of the property provided an extra warm and personal touch by inviting us to their house for a cup of tea. They even showed us their Puja ghar, and explained about Tibetan culture. The gift shop in hotel was cheapest we found in Darjeeling. Operational manager Mr. Ajay tamang was too good, he arranged for a movie 'barfi" in 10 minutes on asking in our room free of cost. Most of 'Barfi' was shot in Darjeeling. We enjoyed the movie. Mr Tamang greeted us with a cake,fruit juices and bunch of roses on arrival.
Never experienced such a stay anywhere before.

Dr Abhijeet Saha

Room Tip: Super deluxe
2 Thank Abhijeet1974
INDIA
Reviewed 21 June 2013

we stayed at this resort in june 2013 for 5 days and liked the property. its right above the mayfair resorts and has a nice view of the darjeeling town as well as the surrounding hills. the rooms are neat though a little inadequately furnished. rooms are clean, bed is comfortable and unlike most indian mid section hotels, the toilets are small but very clean. to my surprise there was no fan while we were feeling hot sometimes. its backyard is relaxing and u feel at home as u have access to every corner of this resort. the house keeping staff is efficient and with an extra tipping will clean your room just the way u want. however the kitchen staff is inefficient and room service is equally bad. the walk to the mall is of 5 to 7 mins but the road is less congested so was not of much of trouble. the overall experience was average

Room Tip: go for the rooms with terrace
2 Thank JHOOM08
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I and my friend stayed in this hotel from 12th june to 15th june with our families.My experience was very fantastic.Staff was very cooperative and heilpful and all the day smiling.taste of food was also very nice.small garden in between the hotel is the best place of hotel with very good view.Rooms are very well furnished in tibetian style and neat and clean.I would truly advise my other friends to stay in the same hotel whenever they visit darjeeling.

2 Thank mdhakad75
Reviewed 14 June 2013

me and my family was there in june 2013 we booked 3 rooms well in 3 months advance.
The room which "Little Tibet" provided us to stay-in was a smallest room ever I have stayed with no view and damp and smell.
The room was even not ready inspite of having a booking well in advance had a broken door which they repaired after 2 hrs of checkin so without the room I had to wait in the lobby
dumping our luggage. Inspite of booking 2-3months earlier we couldnot get rooms side by side and our room
was much far away from other two rooms,upon complaining about this issue the front desk informed me that they were sold-out.
But frankly whats the use of booking so early and paying full amount ???
Guys I am very very dissapointed with this hotel so decided never to go there and book them again.....

7 Thank sanjit0183
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 13 June 2013

On 9th june 2013 I went with my family at little tibet thinking to try a new hotel.The pictures they provided in their website hardly have any simmilarities. They charged us for 3 superdelux rooms but they provided us 2 rooms on the ground floor and 1 very very small room which is not of the same category .When i asked whats the matter ,why they are giving us such rooms,two beside their gift shop and one so small they said they cant do anything.I dont know why they gave us such rooms even after getting the payment on 6th May which is more than 1 month before our checkin.My room 107 is horribly small.when we checkd in I found the lock has broken.I waited in my parents room 104 which had no luggage rack,the toilet was horrible in this room sharing a glass partition with their gift shop which was also horrible.Then i found the broken taps in their toilet.The owner has a fantastic tase of uphostlery ,linens but the management is horrible..When we checked in at 3pm it was raining heavily and I asked one of the staff to provide an umbrella for my mother but no one turned up.This type of hospitality they provide .Even after that my husband paid them 300 rs for bringing the luggage.Next day when we checked out my father when gave them 200 rs they said it was not enough.I was shocked to hear that...How can anyone say like this when its tips and I think 200 rs is enough.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank nabanita_july
Tashi P, Owner at Little Tibet Resort, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Madam,
I am very sorry to learn from you that you had such a horrible experience while staying in Little Tibet and i offer you my sincere apologies.
I checked your booking and I find that you had been referred to us by Contour Travels and your requirement was that of Double Deluxe rooms and NOT Super Deluxe rooms as you have specified. You were provided 3 Double DX rooms of which unfortunately one room 107 is a bit small.The photos on the Web is that of Super Dx Rooms.
The lock of 107 was not broken but due to moisture (Monsoon season) it was getting stuck. My operations manager made sure that it was repaired at once and in the mean time a waiter was kept outside you room to look after your luggage.
As regards not having a luggage rack outside in room 104 ,it is because we have a very big closet in the room and there is a luggage rack inside.
Regarding the tipping I checked with the staff and they swear that they did not ask for any tips. Anyway my sincere apologies once again.
Regards