“Excellent hotel and great management”
Review of Dekeling Hotel

Dekeling Hotel
Ranked #5 of 100 Hotels in Darjeeling
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had booked one Super Deluxe room for my family during June. I was a little nervous since I had booked the room via email and was sending my aged parents alone for the first time. I had told them to inform me about the rooms immedietly once they reach the hotel.
The next day I got a call from them that the room is wonderful and they are already liking the hospitality and services of the staff. The owners, Mr. and Mrs. Dekeva personally takes care of their guests comfort. My parents felt like home during their 5 day stay at the hotel and now want to stay in that hotel whenever we visit Darjeeling. Food is excellent. In one word, its a great place to stay with a friendly staff ready to serve you and a homely atmosphere maintained by the owners. I really thank Mr. and Mrs. Dekeva for making my parent's holiday memorable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kunal b

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I spent three nights here and loved it. This is a lovely, quaint hotel built up a hill and has many levels with comfortable lounges on each level. The views of Darjeeling and the mountains are fantastic. The staff is wonderful as is the owner, warm and welcoming. They sincerely want to serve and their guests to enjoy their experience. Breakfast was very nice as they would make just what you wanted. Also, the kitchen was kind to boil some eggs for us that we had bought. Can't beat the location. We would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank AdventurePhiles
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The location is excellent. The Frank Ross, Keventers, Gleneries restaurants are about a 60-second (or less) walk away. The rooms are well appointed and clean. The hospitality is warm and comes with smiles included (quite rare these days). I cannot fault this hotel. There is small restaurant on the ground floor called Devekas. I think theirs' is the Darjeeling's best Tibetan food including Momos and Thenthugs (hand-pulled flat noodle-square soups).
The owner is a humble, friendly gentlemen was was kind and thoughtful enough to call us early in the morning when the Kanchenjunga peak was visible (most times it is covered by clouds). Se we went to the lounge upstairs and stared at the world's 3rd tallest mountain peak while sipping coffee. A privilege that 99% of people on earth can never experience.
The reception was prompt in arranging if ever a taxi was needed for airport transfers or sight-seeing. Mr. Norbu personally came to meet us just before we departed which I thought was a heart-warming gesture of his commitment towards running a great property in which his guests are comfortable and happy.
I can recommend Dekeling Hotel strongly. You will not regret it.

3  Thank authenticreview
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A lovely hotel in a great location. A welcome cup of tea on arrival was the perfect start to our trip (and most needed after a long, bumpy jeep ride!). Clean and spacious room? Very pleasant and helpful staff. Quick wifi connection in communal areas. Super fast laundry service too :) I highly recommend this hotel.

3  Thank SimonejadeCo
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel was great! The staff are amazing and very friendly. When the sky is clear, the view is amazing. The hotel and rooms were very clean! The area is beautiful and peaceful, a great destination! The area is more tourist in nature but it was a Tibetan and Nepali influence that is magical. The area is very peaceful and a great destination to travel to for anyone looking for a peaceful trip in the mountains.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I am at the end of a world trip and have stayed in several hotels, hostels and air bnbs. I have got to say that Dekeing is my favourite hotel in the world. The staff are amazing , they have warmth and compassion, the hotel is beautiful and has Tibetan surroundings, it is peaceful yet attracts many travellers, so there is plenty of conversation at breakfast. For a female lone traveller, Dekeling offered me a safe place to stay and I would recommend it to anybody

Room Tip: I stayed in several rooms as I travelled in and out if Sikkim. The budget rooms are great, you may h...