We stayed there for 3 days in Feb and the stay was a disaster.
1) We booked a club room so we could have a fire place but we needed to pay for wood every night. And it wasn't cheap!
2) Food in the hotel was tasty but very very expensive. We found good food at less than half the price 5-10 mins away (walk).
3) The worst part was the hot water. It was hardly available and the little time that it was, it was dark brown in color. Please see the attached photo (bucket of hot water that is brown in color)! I was told it was a problem with the downstairs room since there was a problem with the pipes. When asked to be moved to a different room the answer was - you booked a club room and only this is the available club room!
Will never ever return to this hotel and I will not recommend it to anyone. STAY AWAY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Central Heritage (formerly Fortune Resort Central) is a luxury holiday resort in Darjeeling, offering an experience of British heritage which has been a part of Darjeeling for more than a hundred years. The luxurious hotel is located near ‘the Mall’ and ‘Chowrasta’, the most famous spots and centre of all leisure activities of this beautiful hill station. The heritage block of this classic hotel was built in 1905 and offers elegantly appointed rooms with all the modern amenities. Experience the lavish 'British Raj' lifestyle as you take time off to relax and unwind yourself amidst breathtaking views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Central Heritage Resort and Spa, Darjeeling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fortune Resort Central, Darjeeling Hotel Darjeeling
- Fortune Hotel Central Darjeeling