Stayed for a week at Snow Lion. Solo backpacker. Had a fantastic stay.
Price/value for money - not too high compared to other guesthouses in Darjeeling and breakfast is included in the sitting room upstairs (eggs/omlette/jam/toast etc)
Staff are amazing - nothing is too much for them.
Hot water lasts longer than another place with '24 hour' hot water I stayed in in DJ - lasts a whole 10 mins at snow lion before the boiler needs to re-heat another lot
Views - from their rooftop terrace you can get a clear view of the himalayas in the mornings
Room - large, comfortable, spotless (almost), comfiest beds/pillows I've ever had in Asia.
TV - seems to be limitless channels
Staff will wake you up at 4am if the day is clear enough to go to Tiger Hill for sunrise
They haven't got a restaurant but you can get room service - not sure where from but the food was good and the price was OK (menu in room)
The cold (but they can't help that (and I think they will give you a hot water bottle if you ask)
If you are staying for a while you have to ask for your bin to be emptied / room cleaned
Only small bad points really.
Great place - one not to be missed. Made my stay in DJ so much more comfotable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Darjeeling, close to the Mall's shopping and entertainment, is "Snowlion Homestay." The hotel is owned & managed by a Tibetan family. Located on Gandhi Road, which is a continuation of the Mall Road, it provides an ideal base for the many local tourist attractions, whilst being in a central, upmarket area of the town. All our rooms have en suite (attached) bathroom with showers, hot & cold running water (24hrs), W.C, in-house telephone and remote control television with Cable TV (37 channels including BBC, Star TV, Zee, ESPN etc). We provide room heaters and hot water bottles at no additional cost during the winter season. WI-FI is freely accessible in the lounge. We would be happy to arrange for a taxi to collect you at BGD airport or NJP station. We have pick-up from BGD airport or NJP station and travel to Darjeeling (one way). If you choose to use us to be dropped back to the Airport or Station at the end of your stay, we will arrange it. The drive up to Darjeeling is 3hrs and is in any event very scenic. Often tourists choose to use a slightly longer (and even more scenic) route via Mirik Lake. This latter route is approximately 4 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Booking.com so you can book your Snow Lion HomeStay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snow Lion Homestay Darjeeling
- Snow Lion Homestay Hotel Darjeeling