Deciding upon the hotel when you are not familiar with the place is quite a cumbersome task. All you have is to go through the reviews and trust the people what they say. I did the same thing and I am very much happy with my decision.
Our vacation is over but I still cherish the beautiful moments I spent there. The hotel Snow Lion Homestay is located at the hill top very near to the Mall road, the most happening place in Darjeeling.
We had pre-booking in the hotel and at the time of arrival we were welcomed like a family. The hotel room is magnificent with all the required amenities provided like TV, greaser, telephone etc. The service in the hotel is incredible; you name it and the staff will arrange for you. We never had such an experience before.
At the time of checkout we were acknowledged with an expression of goodwill.
Overall this hotel provides all the needs one look-out for a memorable trip, and the best part it doesn't hit hard on pocket too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Darjeeling, close to the Mall's shopping and entertainment, is "Snowlion Homestay." The hotel is owned & managed by a Tibetan family. Located on Gandhi Road, which is a continuation of the Mall Road, it provides an ideal base for the many local tourist attractions, whilst being in a central, upmarket area of the town. All our rooms have en suite (attached) bathroom with showers, hot & cold running water (24hrs), W.C, in-house telephone and remote control television with Cable TV (37 channels including BBC, Star TV, Zee, ESPN etc). We provide room heaters and hot water bottles at no additional cost during the winter season. WI-FI is freely accessible in the lounge. We would be happy to arrange for a taxi to collect you at BGD airport or NJP station. We have pick-up from BGD airport or NJP station and travel to Darjeeling (one way). If you choose to use us to be dropped back to the Airport or Station at the end of your stay, we will arrange it. The drive up to Darjeeling is 3hrs and is in any event very scenic. Often tourists choose to use a slightly longer (and even more scenic) route via Mirik Lake. This latter route is approximately 4 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Booking.com so you can book your Snow Lion HomeStay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snow Lion Homestay Darjeeling
- Snow Lion Homestay Hotel Darjeeling