After reading top reviews on the internet, I booked Snow lion Homestay for me and my parents (for 2 days, double room with extra bed), without giving any second thought. Prior booking, the way hotel people conversed through mails was good. But when we reached there in the hotel, the experience was terrible. The room was very small, smelly, no view outside. The blankets were dirty and to top that, they had arranged a folding bed (not cot) as an extra bed. Well, somehow we grasped it; I decided to take a bath, there were no hot running water and I waited for half an hour for hot water, from the geyser…oh I came to know that the geyser was not working properly.
My father asked for early bed tea as we had plans for tiger hills next day morning, the hotel people simply denied for the bed tea so early. Staff was very cold.
The only mistake we made was the advance payment. We somehow spent a dreadful night in the hotel and then shifted to Hotel Shangri-La Regency the very next day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Darjeeling, close to the Mall's shopping and entertainment, is "Snowlion Homestay." The hotel is owned & managed by a Tibetan family. Located on Gandhi Road, which is a continuation of the Mall Road, it provides an ideal base for the many local tourist attractions, whilst being in a central, upmarket area of the town. All our rooms have en suite (attached) bathroom with showers, hot & cold running water (24hrs), W.C, in-house telephone and remote control television with Cable TV (37 channels including BBC, Star TV, Zee, ESPN etc). We provide room heaters and hot water bottles at no additional cost during the winter season. WI-FI is freely accessible in the lounge. We would be happy to arrange for a taxi to collect you at BGD airport or NJP station. We have pick-up from BGD airport or NJP station and travel to Darjeeling (one way). If you choose to use us to be dropped back to the Airport or Station at the end of your stay, we will arrange it. The drive up to Darjeeling is 3hrs and is in any event very scenic. Often tourists choose to use a slightly longer (and even more scenic) route via Mirik Lake. This latter route is approximately 4 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Snow Lion HomeStay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snow Lion Homestay Darjeeling
- Snow Lion Homestay Hotel Darjeeling