Viceroy Hotel(Darjeeling)
US$210
US$168
US$56
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

Mayfair Darjeeling(Darjeeling)
US$77
US$51
US$43
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$57/night.

US$103
US$88
  • Room Service
Windamere Hotel(Darjeeling)
US$252
US$197
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsduplex roomtaxi standsuper deluxe roomsbengali foodthe check in processroom service was excellentnice experienceplace to stayhotel managerbudget hotelstayed in this hotel for nightsnice hotelexcellent locationhot waterprime locationwalking distancebasic amenities
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I booked the hotel online with reference from my colleague. The location is very good & very close to the Mall - a walk of few minutes. I stayed with my wife & son in double deluxe room on fifth floor with a good view of the valley. The room was small but comfortable - room heater was provided at extra cost as it was peak of winter (January'14). The bathroom was smelling a bit initially. There was running hot water always. The staff was friendly. Room service food & breakfast was also good. Check in & check out was very efficient. Overall a good experience. The room tariff was also reasonable considering the high price of Darjeeling hotels.

Room Tip: Double deluxe with mountain view (towards the back side of the hotel - the front side or entry side is on Robertson Road)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank dipankar1971
Reviewed 6 January 2014

It was good, comfort & location wise it was at right place, I would like to use same hotel in case of other visiting places in India, hoping it will be nice experience in other places as well. overall it was nice at Darjeeling.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Kamlesh Kumar P
Reviewed 28 December 2013

It was really a wonderful experience staying there. I've been to Darjeeling many times before. I think this was the best amongst all my stay there in Darjeeling. Specially in pick winter season when basic amenities like room heater, hot water, clean and cosy room etc. becomes a necessity. I was satisfied with the services provided by the hotel. Moreover, mall was not far away from the hotel, just a walkable distance. this time i visited Darjeeling without booking a hotel, however i read couple of reviews about the hotel in tripadvisor and that was helpful.On reaching Darjeeling we tried this hotel and luckily got a room for a night at the top floor with good mountain view. Next day we moved to aother room on the same floor.

Room tip: try to book a top floor super delux room from there you will get a good mountaim view. also it's not very expensive compred to other hotel near mall. Market is also near near by - lots of options with shopping & food. Another good thing about this hotel is car pickup and drop available from hotel's door step - no need to look for a porter to move your luggage.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Samit M
Reviewed 25 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

In October-2012 I went to Darjeeling with my family for a holiday and styed in Sonar Bangla. I did the booking online. Very good hotel and it had a perfect location just below the Mall. Kanchenjungha was clearly visible from the hotel window and the balcony. Room service was excellent. Manager was very soft spoken and literally helped me in planning all my site seeing trip and Tiger hill view-point. I planned to go to Kalimpong but had to cancell the trip in the mid-way as both my wife and son was puking badly. Payment was already done but the manager helped me to get 50% of the car fare back as the trip was cancelled. My son liked the hotel very much and I remember he was in tears when we were cecking out of the hotel. Would recomend travellers to stay in Sonar Bangla hotel if they are visiting Darjeeling, you will get more than your money's worth. Hospitality was really good.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on 1st floor and above to get Kanchenjungha view provided the sky is clear.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family