“GREAT EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #77 of 98 Hotels in Darjeeling
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“GREAT EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We had been to Gymkhana Resort in 2008. I just love the experince and was very sorry we just stayed one night.The food was AWESOME and we hogged like pigs. It was very cold and the lit the fire making us very comfortable. I look forward to visiting Gymkhana again.The view from the rooms are also great.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pune, India
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Cleanliness : No Tissue Papers in toilet, red stain on a towel, don't even know if mattresses were washed or not...?

Service : We asked for ice, he brought 4 cubes when asked for more he said "we only have this much with us"; person broke handle of our luggage by mishandling it; very very rude, i thought he was paying me to stay there.

Location : No View, if you wanna see the valley. Could only see the trees.

Food : I ordered Paneer and it left like i am eating uncooked potato(it was very very hard)

Rooms : Good, only because it was made by Britishers. But not maintained - window glass was broken in the windy cold night. Even the cupboard was broken.

Sleep Quality : Spooky and scary environment makes you feel like you staying with ghosts.

I took my money back from the person who booked my room and never in my life i would advise even my enemies to go there.

I was happy that I had to stay there for a night only.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AyushM

Travellers are raving about these Darjeeling hotels

Cupertino, California
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I have been to this place when there was a lot of tension in Darjeeling Valley in last week of April 2010 with family and a young children. Found it really good and reasonably priced, good food, fantastic service. Very closed to market - walkable. I will certainly recommend this for family tourists.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Prashant M
New Delhi
Reviewed 28 May 2010

Well location wise its okay, tea gardens are close by @ walking distance, Himalayan mountaineering institute is also near by, zoo and the market place to shop are also at walking distance. rooms are not bad but not very good. room service is good u order and will get the food of ur choice depending on the availabilty of stuff to cook in half n hour. staff is good & humble. can be stayed in - no harm.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 22 January 2010

I stayed at gymkhana resort with my family and we had courteous staff to welcome and we prefrebally liked its location and interior of the rooms was done very royal. it was kind of old heritage hotel and staff was good and manager was very helpful. its nice place honeymooners as well since its location is very exotic. we found it value for money hotel.

• Stayed January 2010
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank londontravelexpert
Kolkata
Reviewed 23 May 2009

One of the places in Darjeeling that offers Good rooms,better room services and the food is alos quite good.
Again its location away form the Main market makes it quite relaxing, though not quite that far that you cannot walk your way to the market

• Liked — Its a quiet place and not far away from the main marketplace
  • Disliked — The Bathrooms can be a bit bigger
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled on business