“You have to eat here!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Flurys
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“You have to eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

If you are visiting Kolkata then regardless of how ever far you are staying from Park Street, you need to make time and travel the distance and have breakfast at fluries. And as a ritual you must have the bean on toast. It is legendary to say the least. Fluries used to be a chilled out hang out but with its immense success they have remodelled the place to make it a sort of fine dining place. I prefer the old less expensive victorian furys but hey- the bean on toast is still the same. Sample a few deserts while you are there.

Visited October 2011

“Awesome place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Got five dark chocolate bars, trust me it's unbeatable....really nice....
Also a must visit for breakfast in an all English atmosphere dating back to 1920s...

Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States
“Average food but quite expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Me and my family were looking for a place that serves traditional english breakfast, and a local told us to go to Flury's. The interior inside is quite beautiful, and the manager was good at keeping the customers happy. Although, I was disappointed by the service. I called he waiters 4-5 times repeatedly but somehow they just don't hear me, the manager was the only one who did and he was the one who had taken our order. The manager does his job well and knows a lot about the items in the menu, but the other waiters seem pretty clueless, as if it was the first time they were hearing someone order here. We had eggs, bread and hash browns and honestly, it was a bit too expensive. When I saw the price, I thought that there must be a really good reason, perhaps the eggs and bread are REALLY tasty? We got our eggs and it was nothing special at all, it was just plain egg and plain bread and PLAIN hash browns. But it cost us 900? That's just ridiculous. My dad is a spender but he's not crazy enough to pay 250 rupees for a normal fried egg, we expected a lot more while we were waiting for our food. Average food, disappointing service (except the manager) and not worth the price. Pity because their atmosphere is excellent. We didn't go there for lunch or dinner, my review is only for their breakfast.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravellingSammy
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Good place to hangout !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

So while we were walking down the Park Street, my wife suggested this old time favourite of hers. Skeptical at first, I entered without expecting much.

Seating arrangements were good, the bakery/restaurant had high ceiling, ceiling fans from 1920s and it was very well lit. All in all pretty neat in decor and ambience.
A quick look at the menu and I thought "It's over priced ! no way anyone is going to spend Rs 400 for a simple breakfast" So I ordered chicken puff envelope, chicken sausage and ice creams.

Chicken puff envelope was good and a bargain at Rs 50.
Chicken sausages were well cooked and were 3 medium sized sausaged for Rs 95. Little priced, but since it wasn't deep fried, but light fried, I liked the tendorness.
Ice cream - Mango & Vanila were both for Rs 130 each. nothing special, but regular ice cream. So far I was going to rate Flurys between Average to Good.

But it was unless I laid my eyes on the confectionares. My sister ordered severa cakes and pasteries like Almond, chocolate, vanilla, lime etc etc. They were priced at Rs 43 each, and were delicious !

So fluys gets a "very good" and a thumbs from me :)

Visited August 2012
Noida, India
“A must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Its a must visit place for me and my kids whenever we visit Kolkata. Located in the Park Street- one of the oldest places in the city. As you enter, it seems you have gone a few decades back in time. My kids love the pastries and I am a die hard fan of their Fish Fry. the price is definitely on the higher side though!!

• Visited July 2012