“excellent service”
Review of The Hub

The Hub
Ranked #151 of 4,281 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2013

taj Bengal is very near to prime location, very good service , excellent food , nice ambience , quantity is good. I think this place is best in all way especially if you are capable to afford.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

The setup , ambience and atmosphere is descent. Its only that people serving there have to be serious and professional as taj Bengal acclaims it.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This place may suit diners who love quantity but when it comes to quality and choice, I was pretty dissappointed when we (my wife n myself) went to Hub for our weekend brunch.
The spread had limited options for continental cuisine and the dessert counters displayed nothing special about a 5 star food place.
You dotn expect raspberry cake, chocolate cake, break pudding and indian sweets as part of the dessert counter for a 5 star food place!!
I mean today's discerning foodie likes and loves special treats - please can we pass over the choc cake and bread pudding now!!!
The salad and cold cuts were good - but the main course was mighty dissappointing!!
I, for one, don't visit a 5 star restuarant to expect the same old biriyani and indian fish and pork steak - can we have some more options from the vast "gastronomic spectrum" of this whole world!!
And then we have the pathetic service!!
Although the GM (Gen Mgr) of Taj Bengal was visiting the Hub, the captains and the stewards were not prompt in their service!!
I dont expect to see myself strain my neck for clearing the table or getting fresh cutlery for the main course!!!
Those who read my reviews - pls visit Baan Thai (Oberoi Grand) review and you will understand what I mean!!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

This restaurant is of average standard. It was crowded for the breakfast and we had to wait or either go to the other side with food.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We had breakfast for three days. The food is really good with lot of veg options. Idli is piping hot. Worth a try. Even Italian food options are really good.