We spent the first of two weeks in Kolkata here. Small room but we were assured that we had the biggest room in the hotel. The breakfasts were very ample once we got the hang of what was on offer. Do ask for an omelette etc and the hotel is happy to oblige. As we were teaching all day we spent very little time here but its closeness to good restaurants and the New Market was a bonus.
The staff are friendly and helpful. Unfortunately even they could not persuade taxi drivers outside the hotel to use the meter!
The room was a bit tired looking despite the age of the hotel. The water a bit brown and the towels grey. On one occasion the towel was really dirty and the staff bought up a brand new one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walson known as erstwhile Walson Hotel, the newly refurbished Walson Spa o Tel, opened its doors to the indulgence seeking populace on 1st Sept 2010 in the city's central districts such as park street and the new market, make it a sought after location to be in. The vibrance & the exuberance of the city are at an arm's reach as major shopping markets, cinema hall, the Victoria Memorial and underground metro network and famous Hawarah station and corporate sector in Park Street all situated in the vicinity. This makes the hotel an ideal place of convenience and indulgence both for business travelers and tourists. The rooms are equipped with all the modern amenities and are luxuriously furnished o allow the patrons to sink into leisurely & delightful stay experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Walson Spa "O" Tel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bawa Walson Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Walson Spa "O" Tel Kolkata (Calcutta), India - West Bengal