“Trimoorti was a nice luxurious break from our usual budget hotel stays in India” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Trimoorti

Hotel Trimoorti
Ranked #42 of 216 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Trimoorti after having some pretty bad experiences in several of India's larger cities. We decided that it was going to be worth paying a bit more for some of the little luxuries that we skipped while staying in budget lodging. We were right. We stayed in a room with A/C and a flat screen TV with plenty of channels. The rooms were decent, although the bathroom was kinda grungy. The room service was prompt and breakfasts were very good. Overall, staff were friendly and helpful. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DrifterTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Somerville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

We stayed in the Hotel Trimoorti and ended up quite enjoying it. We stayed in a larger room the first two nights and it was quite nice. The bathroom had hot water, and was mostly clean (the floor got dirty easily, but this is a common problem anywhere in India-- it's just more dusty there!) There was a t.v., desk, sitting area. All in all, quite comfortable.

The staff prepared our breakfast nicely and generally it was simple Indian food. Since I don't like spice in my breakfast, I ordered toast with butter and jam and hard boiled eggs, which worked out fine for me.

The hotel is located on a small road, so be prepared with the Hotel phone number so that your taxi driver can call them to find the way. The neighborhood itself was very cute with old architecture and small shops. There were not too many restaurants around, and the hotel has a limited kitchen (no restaurant) but they will order out for you for dinner if you want. Otherwise, get an idea of where to eat before coming.

The only concern was that it was near a busy road during the day so there was some traffic noise. Also when we were there there was some construction going on during the day time hours.We weren't bothered as we were busy during the day.

Overall, we found the staff friendly and helpful and would certainly go back again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lindseyrieder
West Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

Let me start with saying that Hotel Trimoorti is not the best or the cleanest place I stayed in India. However, if you ask me if I will go back there to stay? without a doubt, I will say YES and it will be for the following reasons:

Location - It is not easy to locate the hotel, especially if you are going there for the first time and the fact that it is located in a tiny street which no one seems to know of and the lack of road knowledge of the local taxi drivers certainly did not help us when we tried to locate the hotel for the first time. However, once you found it, it is within walking distance to a nice shopping mall, Forum, which have a nice foodcourt and bookshop which have a nice cafe as well as a supermarket and a bargain/ factory outlet mall. Hence, food, water and other things that needed by the general tourists like us can be taken care easily.

Service - Fantastic service. we wanted to get a prepaid SIM card for our phone and the hotel staff actually brought us to the place and walked us to another when discovered that pre-paid SIM is only sold at certain outlets. Furthermore, he stayed throughout helping with the communication process. On our last night, we were also able to make use of their computer and printer to do a web-check in and to print our boarding pass. For Free!

Room: We got the deluxe room which is quite big and have plenty of space for our stuff. The room may be rather basic but it is functional and we enjoyed the large flat screen TV in the room with international channels such as Discovery, NGC, TLC, etc. This is important to us as we usually have nothing plan for the nights once the sights are closed, which is around 4-5pm in Kolkata.

If there is one area which I hope that they can improve on, will be the cleanliness level of the rooms. I was actually quite put-off by the dust on the floor of the room. There is enough to turn the base of our feet black. The bath towels given also looked as if they have seen better days. However, all these can be taken care of with just a little wash and wipe and did not pose too much problem to us. However, if you are those travellers who need things to be spick and span, you have been warned.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank julianatay
Kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2010

As a westerner, coming too stay at several hotels in Kolkata I realized there were expectations for hotels back home that just don't apply in Kolkata (unless you go to the 2-3 five stars, and even then...). Keeping that in mind, yes the walls and ceiling were dirty and the clothes closet smelled too musty for me to use. The shower--this is not unusual--was just a shower head in the center of the wall (no tub or curtains, just let 'er fly). Not everyone speaks English well but there is always another employee who does to assist. The hotel is difficult to find and the road it is on is treacherous but easy to adapt to. It's close to shopping center and room service is good. The main thing with this hotel is the staff. I have never, in any of my travels anywhere in the world been taken care of the way the staff helped at Trimoorti. Anything you need someone will take and help you get it (doctor, cell phone, etc.). Very nice group of people. Ask and you shall receive. I cannot say enough good things about them.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank jealmill
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

What was great about it was that:
-It is about 15 min walk to the Metro Underground station
-very close to Kewpies and Halidram restaurants - both good food
-Near a supermarket and few good shops
-The desk staff were amazing esp the Manager. I wanted to buy a mobile and laptop as I am here for a while and they directed to me to a few shops - no obligation to buy - and told me all the Indian red tape that I needed to deal with as a foreigner. Made it so easy for me.
-I was away from the Sudder St area - good for me anyway.
-The desk staff will arrange anything you want. Very obliging.
-Taxis are easy to get
The not so good points were:
-The place is tired and needs a tidy up. A paint job and and new fixtures would be good. I was in a standard room.
-The place was reasonably clean but if you a clean fanatic, then you should go somewhere else.
-The non desk staff - the workers who run errands, do cleaning etc, were always on the look out for tips. Even though they didnt really do much except their job. Maybe I dont understand the tipping culture here, or maybe they think that westerners should tip huge amounts all the time - not sure. I did tip quite a bit buy they didnt seem happy with it. It's not the Hilton after all.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank apj101
dhaka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

I booked the room over phone call. Good hotel, with good service. Located in a safe residential area of the city. Shopping malls, restaurants, theater, stores, shops & money exchange all close walking distance. Very convenient. I stayed with my wife in their deluxe rooms which cost only RS.2100 per day. Everything in the room worked fine, air conditioner could have been cooler. Toilets should be a bit more clear. Helpful and friendly staff, liked the hospitality. Best budget hotel, value for money.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mashuralam
Surat
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

It suits the personal need while one is in business trip - nothing less nothing more u need. It also suits the budget and unique concept is attractive

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business