My husband and I have stayed at the Kenilworth 4 times now over the past 4 years, and 3 of the 4 times we had problems. The first time it was our pick up from the airport - never happened, but we were forced to pay as we were told by the night Manager it was our fault for not looking for the driver. This was later refunded when I threatened to put through a formal complaint. The next time it was our pick up from the train station - we had to go looking for the driver & car, instead of the other way around, so it took a while to try and work out where we were meant to find him. Not a pleasant experience, when you're trying to fight your way through throngs of people. And the last issue we faced was when an additional bed was requested to be set up in our room, and their idea of an extra bed was a mattress on the floor - not at all acceptable. So when I complained, we got the room changed and a spare bed set up for my son. In their defence we did get a room upgrade, but that was not the point. This is the last thing you need when you're travelling and tired.
I guess the last straw for me was that I took the time to write a review and hand it in when checking out, but never received any response or acknowledgement, which makes me wonder if it even got to management. I then went online, got the email address for the hotel and sent in my concerns and experiences - still no response from the Kenilworth. Does not say much for their management and processes if they can't even be bothered to respond to written concerns by guests. So inspite of the fact that the hotel itself is very centrally located and convenient, and has good facilities - the standard of service is a let down. There was really only one staff member who stood out with the service he provided. I may stay at this hotel again as we fly in to Kolkatta every year on our way to visit my parents, but only because of it's location. I would be shocked but pleased if the service has improved since my last visit which was in Jan 2013.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kenilworth Kolkata is a 4-star luxury hotel located in the heart of the city. This family managed hotel goes back to the grand days of British Raj and, to this day, has an unmistakable colonial look and feel to it. The hotel comprises of exclusively decorated rooms and suites fully equipped with modern amenities. The in-house restaurants and banquet services cater to all tastes with their delectable range of local and international cuisines. The Big Ben relives the colonial days of Kolkata and is the city's only authentic British bar. Enjoy princely ambiance at the Marble Room serving traditional Indian fare. While Aromas is the hotel's multi-cuisine coffee shop. The hotel also has a host of energizing spa and salon facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata Kolkata (Calcutta), India - West Bengal