For whatever reason, budget hotels in Kolkata are crappy and not very cheap. It's hard to find a place for less than $30USD/night that isn't dirty and inconveniently located. Sunflower isn't great, but it's clean and located near Park Street and New Market. Don't expect great service and breakfast isn't included, but if you need a place to lay your head, you could definitely do worse. No top sheet is provided for the bed (I don't understand WHY hotels don't do this), but we asked for one and it was given, as was an extra towel. You're on your own with toilet paper, though. We were told there was free wifi, but it didn't work in the rooms. I never did figure out where in the hotel it DID work. If you want more amenities and better service, you'll have to up your price range.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Solomon Mansion House, Sunflower Guesthouse offers a unique experience of modern living with a dash of heritage. Located in the heart of Kolkata's Park Street area it is very convenient to reach out to most places of interest. Despite the prime location Sunflower Guesthouse offers a pleasantly peaceful ambience. This 20 room property comes with 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom options. Serviced apartment facilities for group bookings are also available for longer stay durations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sunflower Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunflower Guest House Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Sunflower Guest House Kolkata (Calcutta), India - West Bengal