“Great guest hotel”

Marina Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 346 Kolkata (Calcutta) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great budget hotel in Kolkata. A/C in the rooms works really well, staff are really friendly and the free breaky is definitely not something to complain about! Overall really positive experience. Only tip would be to keep the phone number of an honest taxi driver that will use the meter (if you are lucky enough to find one) because hotel is a little for from the metro. You will need a taxi to go into town. Hope you enjoy this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve H
There are newer reviews for Marina Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our stay in hotel marina was a nice experience. Nice rooms and amicable staffs with very spacious rooms,and high speed wi- fi . The service was outstanding- polite, helpful , prompt without being ingratiating . They provided us with courteous service, warm hospitality and cheerful ambience . The rooms and toilet are very clean and upgraded well . The quality of food at breakfast and dinner was excellent even for a person . The management is professional and care about their guest comfort . The hotel has a great location with all the happening places at a walking distance . They also helped us plan our entire days and arranged a cab even at odd hours . The hotel is recommended both for families and business travellers . We would surely like to stay again..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

5 of 5 starsReviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile
Located in the heart of the city with great connectivity..

Good food and more over a helpfull staff,good value for.money will recommend to opt.for

Rooms are also well maintained and comfortable,what else u need after a days hard work

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We arrived in the morning at the hotel. The front office manager ask to pay Rs. 2500/- for 3 person for room only without breakfast . But we checked on online travel portals they are charging cheap price including breakfast t, taxes, and complimentary Wi Fi. We did not book the hotel by online it was our mistake.

When we asked why the are not giving us breakfast and even Wi fi password the said its chargeable of Rs. 50 per our. Its not a sigen of good hospitality.

They don't want to make guest happy.

Please dont book hotel directly, Go for online booking then you get batter rates and other things.

Room Tip: do not take room on Ground floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rajesh33
Reviewed 7 March 2013

If one wants to stay in a cheap hotel, you can only expect what you pay for. Basic things are there. Aircon, TV and Bed. Good thing was I was given a twin bed. So I choose the cleaner one, and removed the smelly sheet and placed in on the bucket with water, surely the management understands…. I noticed that at night, the constant “BEEP BEEP” of the vehicles passing by will be difficult for those who are light sleepers. It’s 1,836 INR per night, no breakfast. In the morning, I took my visitor to the Marina restaurant , but this restaurant does not have tea or coffee or ice cream – menu is available but not the food. But in the evening, I’ve seen them grilling some meat. Transportation from airport to hotel is 950 INR per way. Just let them know if you have to pay for the vehicle’s parking, it’s not much but it’s best not to tolerate such scams. The driver was on time at the airport. Because I called them before 3 hours before I landed, otherwise, there would be no one to pick me up from Chennai airport. So by the time we arrived at the hotel, the driver, gave me a receipt of 70 INR saying that he has to park his car inside the hotel and this is the charge. Normally you pay 350 INR . Here’s a number of the taxi driver 00919903073166, his English is limited so you’ll need an interpreter and don’t forget to tell him to go by meter. There’s a small store just beside the hotel. Food & water are priced normally. Standing outside the hotel, facing the street, scanning the area towards your right is best explored during the day/ afternoon. The street towards your left (crossing the street) is best to be taken advantaged at nights especially if you like trying out Indian foods. Food businesses are lined up in this area. Try out something in each food stall. If you like rising up early and going out at 7a.m. don not be afraid of the people who sleep at the reception area and at the hallway. This is normal. They’re the hotel staff. Also, when I requested to change the drop off time transfer from hotel to airport, I was told that I was going to be charged double for it. It’s a BS of course. I let them believe that they can do it. But told them on the day of my departure that if I miss my plane they will have to pay for my air fare. They changed my transfer drop off time!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2013

PL do not trust web pictures. This was my worst stay in India. No attached restaurant, that too was sahhby and most unhyginic. I wanted to treat some of my friends in the restaurant for lunch and they wanted to charge Rs. 500 per person for a simple bengali meal. On questioning the manager justified since my people will be occupying seats for eating they have added Rs. 3000 for it. For upgrading room he charged Rs. 10000 for 4 days. These people are crooks!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Its a average hotel , But the food is not good , but the location of the hotel is very good , it is situated opp ladies park, near to both of railway stations

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business