“Hotel Palace-The Black hole of Kolkata”
Review of Hotel Palace

Hotel Palace
Ranked #223 of 251 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Run fast. This hotel is the worst. It smelled of urine. The beds were lumpy, the air con was so loud it was like having a cement truck behind you. And it didn't even cool the room. The ceiling fan was stuck on hi speed. It blew your hair back. No hot water. I checked in at 11pm and was out at 5am. The manager was a rude jerk who wouldn't even consider a partial refund after my four day booking that turned into 6 hours. Wouldn't even give me a checkout receipt when I left. What a mistake. But because of the holidays I wanted to have a room. My vacation started when I left. I found a great place 1 block away where I stayed 5 days. Stay away!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 September 2012

on my visit to kolkata I stayed in this hotel . I booked a A.C room and when coming after traveling back to hotel, A.c was making sound so loud that one can not sleep . when complained about it the hotel management said you should have have checked it first . I said I am not going to check each and every thing in room these things are supposed to be in O.K condition and when asked for room change they said straight no . so I have to leave the hotel next day. on the whole bad behavior from staff as well as manager. do not go to this hotel and their another hotel i.e "diplomat hotel"

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family