“Confluence of Cultures Walk”
Review of Calcutta Walks

Calcutta Walks
Ranked #2 of 52 Tours in Kolkata (Calcutta)
More attraction details
Owner description: Calcutta Walks, the original walking and special interest tours operator of Kolkata. We're active on email 24 x 7 x 365 and our explorers will go out of their way to ensure you have an unforgettable experience of this crazy city. Do claim your free Calcutta tourist map on the walk.
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

We took the "Confluence of Cultures" walk on 4th June 2016.

Being born and brought up in Kolkata and residing here for the past 30 years or so, this walk was an eye opener for both me and my husband. Passing through quaint old lanes of Kolkata, it was like discovering jewels in the places you would least expect to find them ! It was like experiencing history unravel in front of your eyes and you are amazed to be a part of it !

Highly recommend it to all and a special thanks to Ram for such a wonderful experience.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"great guide"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

We took the "Confluence of Cultures" walk on 4th June 2016 with Ram.

Being born and brought up in Kolkata and staying here for the past 30 years or so, this walk was an eye opener! Passing through quaint old lanes of Kolkata and discovering hidden jewels where one would least expect to find them was an experience in itself. It was like watching history being unravelled in front of our eyes.

Highly recommend it and a special thanks to Ram for this wonderful experience.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

Ritwik Ghosh was our guide and he let us customize our tour to include colonial landmarks as well as a couple of established places of worship and the South Park Street Cemetary. He was informed and relaxed and we had a lovely morning and afternoon listening to his accounts and anecdotes. I've always thought that Calcutta should be declared a heritage city and loved and cared for as such. The highlight of the tour was walking around Bow Barracks with its old school feel of Anglo-Indian Cal -- the 50s and 60s music coming from some apartments reinforced the nostalgia. I can't wait to go for more tours on my next trip.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

We took 3 walks with Ram. and they were the highlight of our trip to West Bengal. One night with visited a local market to shop with the delightful Shalima before returning to her flat to "help" cook and eat dinner. Next day we joined Ram on a walk around the astonishing old colonial buildings and through them learned a little history. But the high spot was the evening "street food" walk. Delicious food and and great company - but I ate too much!