Was there for work and busy in meetings throughout my time there... I arrived early in the morning and was unsure if they would give me the room before 12 but they did happily and even allowed me a later check out the next day... I had an executive room so was able to use the facilities of their club lounge which was a tremendous help... All their staff were very courteous and helpful at all times... Rooms were excellent very modern and comfortable...
I would happily take a Jacuzzi room had the weather been warmer, also it is very close to the airport so not ideal if you need to visit the city centre and next to a cinema and Mall so what more could one ask for? Had i not been so busy with work would have enjoyed these things but i guess there is always a next time... :)
One more thing i should add, when coming back at night my driver got lost as it is a relatively new hotel so the taxis may not all be fully familiar with the location even though i had the hotel card and he had spoken to them a few times for directions... I am sure how common this problem would be but overall an excellent stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissôtel Kolkata is one of the most luxurious addresses in the city of Kolkata which offers well-appointed leisure and business facilities. Boasting an under-one-roof concept, Swissôtel Kolkata has 147 contemporary guest rooms and luxury suites with spectacular Jacuzzis, four restaurants and bars, a fitness centre, a rooftop swimming pool, and over 1261 square meters of meeting space with the largest pillarless banquet in the city. The hotel is part of a new urban development with an attached mall featuring shops, restaurants and a multiplex cinema. Located in Rajarhat beside the IT hub, the hotel offers a distinct mix of leisure and business facilities, and is noted for its unique offering of Swiss hospitality and attention to detail. The award-winning rooftop Sky Lounge is the jewel of the hotel's three restaurants and bar, offering views over the city. An in-house nightclub with resident DJ attracts hip locals and guests alike. The sumptuous breakfast buffet offers a wide range of choices to energise your day.The business centre and two meeting rooms more than cover all your business needs. Over 1000 guests can be accommodated in cocktail/reception style in Bern, the largest pillar-free banqueting facility - and a team of event planners is on hand to help you hold the perfect wedding at Swissotel Kolkata. Swissotel Kolkata's alpine-inspired Purovel Sport offers you an exclusive ambiance in which to continue your exercise routine, with a fully equipped gym and a breathtaking infinity swimming pool on the roof.The hotel has separate smoking and non-smoking floors, there is free internet throughout except in the banquet areas, and secure parking is also available for your vehicle during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Swissotel Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Swissotel Kolkata Kolkata (Calcutta), India - West Bengal