This beautiful hotel is only a little over a year old, located close to the airport. It is rather far from the center of town, and it takes about an hour and a half to get to the Victoria Memorial Hall. The lobby and rooms have a sleek modern design, and the beds are comfortable. Overall the service staff is cheerful and pleasant. However, there are no bath robes in the room and no slippers provided, amenities that are expected in a five star hotel. The hotel charges for internet access, approximately $20 US dollars per day. Although this practice is common in India, it really should change and being a new hotel Swissotel can take the lead. Internet access is expected by every international traveler, and there is no reason why the service should be provided only at a relatively high cost.
There are several nice hotel restaurants and the café provides breakfast. The service at breakfast is usually very good and attentive. However, on the last day something fell apart. Oddly enough, it was the only day on which there was a hostess who took us to our table, but then the usual service kind of didn’t happen. The omelets we ordered never came. We finally ate what we could in a self-help fashion and departed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissôtel Kolkata is one of the most luxurious addresses in the city of Kolkata which offers well-appointed leisure and business facilities. Boasting an under-one-roof concept, Swissôtel Kolkata has 147 contemporary guest rooms and luxury suites with spectacular Jacuzzis, four restaurants and bars, a fitness centre, a rooftop swimming pool, and over 1261 square meters of meeting space with the largest pillarless banquet in the city. The hotel is part of a new urban development with an attached mall featuring shops, restaurants and a multiplex cinema. Located in Rajarhat beside the IT hub, the hotel offers a distinct mix of leisure and business facilities, and is noted for its unique offering of Swiss hospitality and attention to detail. The award-winning rooftop Sky Lounge is the jewel of the hotel's three restaurants and bar, offering views over the city. An in-house nightclub with resident DJ attracts hip locals and guests alike. The sumptuous breakfast buffet offers a wide range of choices to energise your day.The business centre and two meeting rooms more than cover all your business needs. Over 1000 guests can be accommodated in cocktail/reception style in Bern, the largest pillar-free banqueting facility - and a team of event planners is on hand to help you hold the perfect wedding at Swissotel Kolkata. Swissotel Kolkata's alpine-inspired Purovel Sport offers you an exclusive ambiance in which to continue your exercise routine, with a fully equipped gym and a breathtaking infinity swimming pool on the roof.The hotel has separate smoking and non-smoking floors, there is free internet throughout except in the banquet areas, and secure parking is also available for your vehicle during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Swissotel Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Swissotel Kolkata Kolkata (Calcutta), India - West Bengal