All reviewssalt lakeaura restaurantquality of foodbusiness tripupgraded to a suiteroom servicedecent hotelcourteous staffvery pleasant staybreakfast spreadf bother hotelsenjoyed my stayhotel staffin room diningcomfortable roomshouse keeping
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here to ring in the new year. It was a very pleasant experience. The highlight of this property is the staff. Very courteous and helpful. Although they had a huge rooftop party in swing they still ran a very attentive room service. The rooms are nice and comfy. We stayed with family and they very thoughtfully arranged for interconnected rooms. The breakfast spread is decent. Huge shout out to the staff again. We will be back soon

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Rajib R, General Manager at The Sonnet, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Namashkar !
My team joins me in thanking you for your honest and candid comments on this platform. We appreciate your patronage of The Sonnet Kolkata and considering us as the preferred hotel in the city.
I am so glad that you liked and enjoyed during your stay with us, & take this opportunity to assure you that we believe in the promise to serve with passion and strive to render paramount satisfaction to our patrons through value based services and hospitality. I am sure that during your next visit to the hotel, we would again be able to give you the best of memories and pleasant stories to share & cherish....your kind words and appreciation for the Team at The Sonnet would be our inspiration to look out for more and serve much better...
"Atithi Devo Bhaba" is our age old culture and we at The Sonnet stand firmly committed to it....thereby creating a Symphony in Harmony.
The Sonnet Kolkata is a member of "Connect Collection" by International Hospitality Brand "Preferred Hotels & Resorts" of USA and is the first PHR member in Eastern India and this association is one of our continuous and dynamic endeavour towards global benchmarking in terms of service delivery and loyalty management.
We look forward to welcome you back at The Sonnet very soon and my team shall go that extra mile to render the Sonnet hospitality of "Poetry in Service".
For your next visit or any other requirement at The Sonnet Kolkata, you may write to us directly, and by doing so enjoy Loyalty benefits at the "IPrefer" website. My team shall be more than glad to comply with the best possible.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Sonnet is modern stylish hotel located at Saltlake area. The hotel is very close to City Center 1 shopping mall. The hotel is very comfortable and staffs are well behaved. I stayed there 2 night to celebrate New Year. They arranged a great New Year DJ party cost 4000 Rupee for guests. Taxi, UBER, OLA can easily manage from the hotel location.

The breakfast menu need to improve focusing the international customers. During my stay the swimming pool was closed for winter maintenance which was not mentioned on website.

I will surely visit the hotel again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Rajib R, General Manager at The Sonnet, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Namashkar !
Thanks for taking out time to put in your honest comments. We appreciate your patronage of The Sonnet Kolkata and considering us as the preferred hotel in the city.
I have taken a note of your appreciations and I am so glad, & take this opportunity to assure you that we believe in the promise to serve with passion and ensure not to leave any stones unturned to render paramount satisfaction for our patrons ensuring value based service and hospitality, I am sure that during your next visit to the hotel, we would again be able to give you the best of memories and pleasant stories to share & cherish....Also I earnestly thank you for the suggestions for improvement and assure that necessary implementations would definitely be undertaken.
"Atithi Devo Bhaba" is our age old culture and we at The Sonnet stand firmly committed to it.... striving to impart best of services, hospitality standards & benchmarks, thereby creating a Symphony in Harmony.
Here I would also like to inform you that "The Sonnet" Kolkata is a member of "Connect Collection" by International Hospitality Brand "Preferred Hotels & Resorts" of USA. The Sonnet is the first PHR member in Eastern India and this association is one of our continuous and dynamic endeavour towards global benchmarking in terms of services and loyalty.
We shall look forward to welcome you back at The Sonnet very soon and my team shall go that extra mile to render the Sonnet hospitality of "Poetry in Service".
For your next visit or any other requirement at The Sonnet Kolkata, you may write to us directly, and by doing so enjoy Loyalty benefits at "IPrefer" website. My team shall be more than glad to comply with the best possible.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

I stayed for more than two months, nice stay,had a very comfortable experience, staffs are excellent..... even i dont want to change to any other hotel during the duration...Location was also very good.. Food was also excellent

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Rajib R, General Manager at The Sonnet, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Reviewed 27 December 2017

I stayed here for a meeting and had a comfortable stay. While I was waiting to be checked in the staff offered me a complimentary tea and a comfortable place to sit. The food is decent and the room are well-equipped. Recommended for a short stay in the city.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Hotel is in an excellent location near the City Centre Mall, Salt Lake, Kolkata- not far from the Airport, good place to stay for business travelers with offices in the IT sector. However the service is poor, front office staff are not sure of the billing rules- try to pass the buck, generally unhelpful. Food quality is average.

Good property but needs stronger management to improve client services.

Room Tip: Top floors
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank SwatiD216

Namashkar !
I have taken a note of your concerns and assure you that at The Sonnet we do not believe in Passing the Buck attitude, I am genuinely sorry that you had to experience such a feeling at the hotel...however I take this opportunity to reiterate the fact that it was due to the communication error from your booking source that we knew that the bill amount is to be collected from you directly and not to be done a Bill to Company...but all said and done, I earnestly apologize for the inconvenience that has happened to you at the hotel for the foresaid.
We love your appreciation about the property and so glad, & take this opportunity to assure you that we believe in the promise to serve with passion and ensure not to leave any stones unturned to render paramount satisfaction for our patrons ensuring value based service and hospitality. I am sure that during your next visit to the hotel, we would again be able to give you the best of memories and pleasant stories to share & cherish....