“Saved my day: functional place,purely budget,good location”
Review of Hotel Crestwood

Hotel Crestwood
Ranked #164 of 335 Kolkata (Calcutta) B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Saved my day: functional place,purely budget,good location”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Not a single hotel room available this week in Kolkata because of a mining conference/cricket & soccer matches.I looked up the net and picked up this hotel because of the location.The hotel promptly replied to my mail and reserved a room.Sudip not only replied promptly but also called me up to confirm.Much appreciated(Some of starred hotels had upped their rates by as much as 50% in view of the demand surge).

The rooms ,though small and basic , are reasonably clean.The staff is friendly.I didnt eat at the restaurant so no comments.The location is central (Park Circus) , in close proximity to Park Street which has a number of restaurants and shopping options

Its a functional room and if you have no 'starry' demands and are looking for a basic stay kind of place at a good location , its an ok place .

Yes of course they can do better and focus on improving their offering esp the food quality , a point many fellow travellers have spoken about.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I have no habit of writing hotel review but I often visited places on official or personal tour.During my visit to some other places I always go through hotel review , it is really very beneficial for other persons.So, I morally decided to write something which i would like share with others who are also in position to select the hotel before their departure.
Due to on going mining conference and England India Test our all company hotel has no vacancy as my tour was suddenly fixed. I have to select my hotel at my own. During my search I got crest wood,Kolkatta.M.Mitter Road which was fall within my budget of 4500/per night.
I arrived hotel on 02 December 12.to my utter surprise I never believe that the hotel charges (for modified plan )should be such an exorbitant. amount.What I got i just brief you shortly.
1. Staff special General MANAGER Rais Ahmed is a nice fellow.He booked my room without any advance payment .Other staff are as usual.The only canteen boy Sri Basid is good enough with his limited capacity.
2. Cleanliness: Room is quiet clean,but repeatedly have to ask reception for toiletries,room problem.My AC remote is not working,Till my departure no has attended the problem ,I have to pass my time at a constant fixed temp of 18 deg C.Think about this .
3.Room Size: very small , no sofa, just one laptop table, one mini freeze,tea coffee maker(materials are payable) and one double bed only,small wardrobe with 3/4 hangers. No iron table,iron etc.
Paper provided by hotel.
Greaser at ROOM is very low power,Once hot water drained it will take much more time to get hot water again you have to wait for some time with soap foam on your body.
No bathroom chappal
No wall clock
Nor any God Photo and not even a very good scenery.
Quality of Break Fast:
Very poor.Menu: low quality paratha/puri Alu sabji,one boil egg or egg bhurgi, bread butter, banana and papaya pieces in a container.along with a cup of Tea.
No Corn flakes,no idli sambhar,dossa, rumaliya roti, biscuites etc.
Dinner:
Every day you get Rice, chappati, Tandoori ROTI,CHICKEN cuury DAL (NO FISH)
All the preparation is not good.Just you can take.
I Never suggest my friend to go this hotel if like continental like dishes and like stay stay in busy market place. At this exorbitant price one can easily stay in star rated hotel where continental dishes of various items are provided.
Internet: Wifi is provided by hotel but not satisfactory you can just browse only.
No spa centre(though a link is provided in hotel website
No fitness centre
No Swiming pool.
)Hope my reivew may do someones homework before selection of their hotel

Room Tip: Go through the actual review and judge yourself , rest depends on God HE will lead you. At KOLKATTA...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Rajeev2012_12

Travellers are raving about these Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels

Mumbai
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Had stayed here for 2 nights in October on official tour.
The service was pathetic. Even for a small thing like tissue paper, I had call up these people 3 times.
The food was extermely spicy, which was not expected at all.
Only the location of the place is good since it is in the heart of the city.
The buffet breakfast was extermely sad, considering only bread butter, puri bhaji and omlette to offer.

Room Tip: do not go for a executive room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank nithinmagarwal
Mumbai
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we had to go to Port Blar by next Morning flight. I have booked this hotel for 1 nights, i had no idea what i was expecting upon arrival here. I think its hotel quite central, near to Park Street. There is a small cafe near the reception area but food is not so good.
The room are small, compared to average hotels. Nearby area is crowded. The bathroom is also small
Overall i enjoyed our stay in this hotel but would have been better with the extra touches that they missed out.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sanMumbai
Lucknow, India
Reviewed 22 May 2012

i booked this hotel through make my trip.the charge for the room was more than 3000 rs. the hotel rooms were very small.breakfast was not eatable.they served dal with poori.i dont know where in india u can find this combination.they served complimentary water bottle of half litres only on first day and there was no flask for water in the room.services were poor and the staff not at all trained as if picked from the road without any hospitality training.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Well maintained rooms, ready to help staff, good food, excellent location and proximity to places of interest. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 15 December 2011

A fairly economical, value for money hotel located in close proximity to Park Street. I stayed there for a business trip. The room was ok, food good and the staff courteous. The best part about the hotel is of course, its location. Many happening places like Park Street, etc are nearby. However, I feel there is a scope for improvement in service with respect to cleanliness in the room and room service. Overall, the experience was ok.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business