“Good place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sapphire Suites

Sapphire Suites
Ranked #44 of 218 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed in the hotel during my business trip to Kolkata in Fen 2014. I had done my booking through one of the online websites. It is definitely neat and clean, located in the center of the city, close to metro station and yes very near to New Market, so one can have a lot of options for enjoying Kolkata food and shopping in New Market.
The hotel crew is well behaved and nice. But i think breakfast spread is a little limited, rooms are clean but small. Not a business hotel actually. I did not find wifi working, though i informed the hotel staff, they had no clue about the fact why it was not working.
I am of the opinion its a bit overpriced for the services. But in all my stay was trouble free.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ravi S, General Manager at Sapphire Suites, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sapphire Suites...

Hotel Sapphire Suites, Kolkata, is a city centrally located hotel which is elegant and contemporary in its style. All our rooms are built keeping in mind all the modern city hotel standards and also guest requirements. Our team always strives to offer a complete guest satisfaction to all our guests with the offer of personalized services and amenities. I also apologies to you for wifi, which you could not able to excess during your stay because we were switiching off from Reliance to Tata DOCOMO so that change happened during your stay. I personally apologize on behalf of Hotel Sapphire Suites. Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and look forward to serving you again with our impeccable services and warm hospitality.

with regards,
Ravi Shanker Sharma
General Manager - Sapphire Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Arrived at the Sapphire Suites late and tired. From the outside it doesn't look much but don't be put off, this is not one to miss. Inside it's all minimalist black and white, the rooms are large and well furnished. Bathrooms are excellent with all mod cons and lots of hot water.
There is a restaurant on the first floor; breakfast is good with plenty of coffee or tea. Service is cheerful and professional.
Location is excellent for sightseeing, it's in the middle of a bazaar area but there is very little hassle. The metro is nearby.
We arrived during Saraswaty Puja so there was lots of music and celebrating in the market which we could enjoy by looking out our window. There can be some noise from traffic in the mornings.
Overall we loved it and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back to minimise market noise if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ravi S, General Manager at Sapphire Suites, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Guest ,

It was a real joy to host you at “Sapphire Suites” Kolkata.

As always your care and comfort is our priority, because its your home away from home.

Please feel free to call anyone of our hospitality team if there is anything we can do to make your stay unique and comfortable on your next visit.

Our goal is to exceed your expectations by providing unforgettable service through a stylish way as well as providing contemporary accommodation too.

Your words are noted and conveyed to all my associates.

Warm regards,
Ravi Shanker Sharma
Sapphire Suites,Kolkata.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 1/2 days the rooms were spacious and the beds very comfortable. The staff were helpful and made our stay easy. The restaurant staff were helpful and we met the chef who was also engaging and friendly.
The hotel organised taxis for us the price was 2000Rs for the day with a driver and they have a pick up to and from the airport but it does cost.
The hotel is situated in the middle of New Market and it is easy to wander around the market if you want to go shopping,
We would stay here again we liked this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Duluth, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

This is one of the few hotels that understand that a hotel is about hospitality more than anything else.

Located bang next to New Market, the location is very good. Subway station (Esplanade) is a 5 min walk, taxis and hand drawn rickshaws are available right outside the hotel. The only drawback of this location is the daytime noise. Though it is very subdued inside the rooms but you never forget where you are.

After my terrible stay at the Astoria hotel located next lane (you can read my review) this was a very pleasant surprise. Every single staff member is polite and always greet you with a smile and ask you if you need anything.

Breakfast is OK, but their restaurant food is awesome. You should try their Chinese items (which really is Indo-chinese).

This hotel justifies it's price and then some. For the price you can't go wrong with this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Asansol_Traveller
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I live abroad and I was traveling Kolkata for a 3 day in late september. I have booked the hotel through booking.com. We reached there at night (around 3 AM) and the reception was horrible, even though I had a confirmation from the booking site, they claimed that my booking is not confirmed. Just to make sure, before 3 days of my visit I gave them a call to confirm and they confirm that time.
The approach of the person in the front desk was very unprofessional, when I asked him that how come they said it is confirmed when I called his answer was " it was confirmed that time but not now". With my two years baby and my wife I had to argue with them for almost 2 hours to convince them. And finally they gave me a room.
I do not have much more complain on they stay (Although not great), but honestly the reception was so bad that it buttered my whole stay.
And this hotel is very pricy, only good if you are there for some shopping, as there is a huge market just in few steps.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank VMS44
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed here in July on account to attend a family wedding. Sangeet function organized here and wedding at Hindusthan International .

Room size reasonable and much choices for breakfast. The bed was very clean and comfortable.

It is located in new market which is shopping district. For shopping and visiting Kolkata, it is surely an excellent hotel.

Food taste great in the restaurant as it is on business district so don’t hesitate to try local delicacy on the street.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family