“Excellence of Service”

Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata
Ranked #24 of 224 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Pride Hotel Kolkata is a very nice and modern hotel.
Beautiful rooms, good breakfast and excellent dinner.
But the outstanding experience is the service.
From taking care of an early arrival to helping with a late check-out it was just perfect.
And when a friend had a medical problem a member of the reception staff (Thank you, Mr. Priyat Bose!) took care personally and even accompanied him to hospital.
Altogether an excellent place to stay in Kolkata.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the excellent review that you have written about us; would also be sharing the feedback with the team, specially, Priyat at the Reception.

Your positive affirmation of the hotel would go a long way in keeping the team motivated and focused on customer delight each and every time.

I would very much like to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting Kolkata.

There are newer reviews for Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Pride - a swanky new property in the upcoming New Town suburb of Kolkata - the location, area etc are quite well planned and you would be forgiven to mistake that you are not in Kolkata..!
However - this is not the city center - and wont be for another 5-10 years!! Finding cabs to and from this hotel isn't easy.
The staff are nice and courteous (aren't they always?)
The maintenance could be better. Huge drove of mosquitoes at the reception when I checked in. The girl at the counter was cute though.. but could have smiled a bit.. :)
There was a marriage party (yeah those annoying people) and it looked like they'd taken over the place.
The room was very comfortable.. very cozy. Nice bed = nice sleep.
Wifi wasn't complementary unlike the other places I've stayed at. :(
I had dinner - which wasn't pricey and service was pretty okay. The breakfast was strictly average.
Having traveled the length and breadth of this country, I can't say this hotel is value for money. But in Kolkata - it would be difficult to find one that is.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review that you have written about us; would also be sharing the feedback with the team.

We have noted your feedback on the mosquitoes and the buffet breakfast, would look at ways to improve upon the breakfast experience and would ensure that we come up to your expectations.

We would very much like to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting Kolkata.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

A 4 star hotel, fit to have a negative star rating.

1. The lobby and the rrstaurant is swarming with mosquitoes.

2. Frantic periodic calls to the waiter to fill water in ur glass is required

3. The menu mentions a brownie with ice cream, but they wont give u the ice cream without u asking for it.

4. Neither do they give u proper cutlery, nor does ur dinner plate match with the others on the table.

5. Pathetic service and attitude of staff

Go to this hotel only if u want to b grounded after a good day :p

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Guest

At the very outset, would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you were subjected to during your recent stay at the property.

It is indeed unfortunate that we could not not come up to your expectations and I have shared the feedback with my team in Food & Beverages.

We would like to assure you that we have looked into our processes of ensuring that the drawbacks you mentioned are looked into via constant training and ensuring that the system of cross checks are in place, which did not work when they were needed to.

I assure you our best attention and would appreciate that you stay with us when you travel to Kolkata next.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed in Hotel Pride in Kolkata during a recent business trip. The hotel is new and rooms were bright and shiny in a way that would gladden the heart of the guests. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Room service was quick. There was wi-fi and all other facilities. Room and bathroom including the toilet were separated by transparent glass (see photograph). I do not know why some hotels have this practice, may be for honeymooners! In any case, there is an option to pull down a curtain if you want privacy in the bathroom. Breakfast was very good and choice of items was enormous, especially for Indian taste. I would recommend this hotel.

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review that you have written about us; would also be sharing the feedback with the team.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is my first time stay in pride hotel. and they made my stay comfortable and Food are amazing. the staff are very friendly and helpful. they treat me like a VIP guest it made me more comfortable and feel to come back stay again. Thank for the Entire Pride team for making my stay Comfortable.

Room Tip: Excellent Service i got in my entire trip till now.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the excellent review that you have written about us; would also be sharing the feedback with the team.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This will be a very favourite future location. Not very far from airport and pretty close to fast developing rajarhat CC2. Very good rooms, excellent food, very courtious service. They serve exotic bengali dishes too.

Room Tip: The higher floor u take the better
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at Pride Plaza Hotel Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel is very ELEGANT. Neat and soothing rooms with class of amenities and excekllent hospitality. Mouth watering food and close to airport. It is in new town and very close to salt lake. It is good for your personal, official OR family trips.

Room Tip: Delux rooms are value for money and very comfortable!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo