2,367 results
All reviews floor manager night life house keeping the heart of the city happening place housekeeping staff room service front office prime location pool side coffee shop in house excellent stay comfortable stay business trip breakfast spread special thanks
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Was a short trip, flight was delayed and I was tired was a pleasant surprise got upgraded to a suite room. The room was excellent, service was good, breakfast was good could have been better.
I had informed the hotel that I am an SPG member but they did not apply the discount applicable on the food bills, this is something which upset me a bit
It was just an overnight stay

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
The_Park_Kol, General Manager at The Park Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I have been staying at The Park whenever I visit Calcutta on business. The hotel is centrally located. I could sadly notice a drop in the service, as I was allocated a twin room though I had booked a double room. The twin room wasn't clean (e.g. stains on the bathroom floor). However, on presenting my original booking form, I was given a better double room. The manager was very courteous and immediately arranged for my room to be changed.

The double room had a weary look e.g. paint peeling off at the corners / bath tub etc. It appears that the rooms badly need an upgrade. The staff did whatever they could to help me in that situation. The breakfast was standard, with good options for vegetarians. Overall a nice stay and I would like to visit them again.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Great location, helpful staff, prompt service, effective wifi - when on business trip, what else when can one ask for! The staff was accommodative to do a really early check-in for me. The wi-fi was good enough to support video conference! The view of the Park Street, still decorated with Christmas lights was quite good.

Room Tip: Go for higher floor

Reviewed 14 January 2018

If you are travelling with family, don't stay here... I had booked the hotel with friends for 3 rooms @ about 150USD/night. Nice that they upgraded us during check in, but since the upgraded room didn't have a double bed we moved to the original standard side... the upgraded room looked like a party room, however there were dirty spots on the sofa and all... the standard room was just terrible. Dirty walls, shower, sink all very old and worn out, sometimes there was a very disturbing smell coming out from the toilet. Bed was good and comfy and WiFi pretty good... but that can't make up for the thumping noise from Roxy bar downstairs that literally shook the room till 2 in the morning, and not just on weekends. We lost hope and did not expect anymore pampering or any sort of luxury. Late night some seedy business was going on in the other rooms it seemed with shady characters loitering in the corridors... went to aqua on the pool side for a drink, high priced drinks but the seating arrangement once again has molds, dirty spots and just doesn't make up for the premium they are charging. Heard really good things about their breakfast, which was good but not that extra ordinary, rather the lady who was supposed to arrange a table for 5 of us got lost and others coming late were being seated until we made some noise...

They don't give small change in the front desk when you clear your bills... my friend didn't get back her change but I raised a question with them about mine, it was just 6 rupees but the girl didn't bother to let me know that she can't give any change (even the taxi drivers, the small shops make sure they return even 1 rupees if not with a candy)... that ticked me off... later they continuously apologized and several of them came out of their desks and were being very sorry and all... but it seems the hotel doesn't have changes ready for the front desk to manage... that to me was very surprising... sorry to the guys who were trying to be nice and so apologetic, but this needs to be mentioned... can't expect this from a 5 star! and always call an Uber or arrange for your own taxi, the hotel staff called couple of A/C taxi for us that took forever to come

I got my 6 rupees change when I was about to get the Uber to Airport...

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the road side
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Really loved the services provided by the hotel particularly all the front office staff..Purvi..Sayanti. Kunal ..Safina..Sumon
they were extremely helpful and gracious an asset to the hotel....
The food and room service too was excellent..
The ambience at the Roxy..the Street and Somplace else..was unmatchable..
The evening of free drinks cocktails and snacks...was thoroughly enjoyable.
Would highly recommend The Park Kolkata as a holiday experience.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family