“Just Excellent!”
Review of ITC Sonar

ITC Sonar
Ranked #3 of 224 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here 1 night from 24th to 25th July for official work. It is one of the most beautiful hotels in Kolkata. As the property is from ITC, so you can expect the best services always.
The room I stayed was very cozy and I found every amenities I needed for 1 night stay.
Overall, it is a superb hotel.

1  Thank MountainLover365days
Atul B, General Manager at ITC Sonar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your responses with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to note your experience and are happy to learn that you had a memorable time at ITC Sonar, Kolkata.

Your recommendation is deeply valued and we look forward to welcoming you back to create many more great memories together.

Warmest regards

There are newer reviews for ITC Sonar

Reviewed 3 August 2014

After having seen great reviews of the property on Trip Advisor, decided to stay here for a 3 nights. And I must say - the property is fabulous and service is outstanding !! Believe me, you have to stay here to experience it. Rooms are spic and span ! Every single staff member greets you with a warm smile. Service at all their restaurants is amazing ! And the food...trust me its to die for !! With various options like Dum Pukht, Peshawari and Pan Asian (my favourite), one gets to try out several options. The breakfast has a huge spread and you are literally pampered with world-class hospitality. Its one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at ! Hats-off to the entire team !

A special thanks to Mr Tumasp, who helped us a lot during our stay and was very warm and courteous. At the restaurant, Irfan was very efficient, polite and helpful. Also thanks to Debayan and Santunu for their prompt service.

Simply loved the stay and can't wait to get back there !

Room Tip: The best room category is undoubtedly ITC-One ! Its super luxurious !
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ashm99

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, we are delighted to note that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel.

We appreciate your recommendation on our rooms, cuisines and services and hope to welcome you back in your future visits.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I am an Airline Cockpit Crew & I stay in this hotel quite often & every time I stay here its a different experience. Right from the property , the rooms , the gym & the pool and last but not the least the warm & friendly people in the restaurant EDEN PAVILLION. A special mention goes to Chef Varun Kinger , Chef Shubhankar and Irfan who go out of their way to make your visit complete and far exceed your expectations. The service of the staff in every department also is commendable.

1  Thank punja_a

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay at ITC Sonar and thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor.

Your kind recommendation on our services, rooms, gymnasium, pool, food & beverage and staff are deeply appreciated.

We look forward to welcome you in your future visits.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Hotel is beautiful, it has amazing infrastructure, excellent man made lake and good choice of restaurants. It was a business trip and hotel served us what we wanted.

What was lacking is cleanliness inside the room. Accidentally I rubbed my hand on the granite and realized that it had a layer of dust on it, so much that I had to wash my hands.

The food was good, however don't expect to get what you order, they manage to serve exactly what you never ordered. if you want what you order, you need to be precise and repeat the order more then once.

Over all a good experience and I would not mind staying there again. Especially because its available at half the price of Hayatt.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room, as the other rooms are not renovated as yet.
1  Thank akhilbhansali

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to note that you had a comfortable stay.

We have noted your comment with great concern, and regret your experience. We assure you that such anomalies would not be repeated.

We appreciate your recommendation on our food and beverage, and the natural beauty of the Business Resort, ITC Sonar.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel for two nights on 27 & 28 July, 1014 in Executive Club room in the Towers. The stay was pleasant and comfortable except on the 28th. I visited the lounge in the evening. There one Mr. Clinton, who I think was the Captain was rather curt, or I can even say rude, saying that it is 8.30 pm and we are closed. It left a bad taste in the mouth after a pleasant stay. Not expected of a good hotel !

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor. We have noted your feedback carefully especially the areas you have highlighted for improvement. It has been shared with the concerned teams to ensure effective training at all levels.

Apart from five award-winning signature restaurants we also offer the internationally acclaimed Kaya Kalp - The Spa and we do hope that you had the opportunity to experience the same during your stay.

Your patronage is highly valued and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at this property in the year 2011 while conducting an event for my office. The property is beautifully maintained and service is commendable. I totally loved their rooms since I felt the sleep quality was great. We used to be working on field getting event setup ready, hence exhausted and the room was a heaven to return to. There were these sleep inducing aroma oils which act like magic.The business rooms of the hotel are well equipped and sound proof allowing no disturbance during meeting. Our event was held at the lawns and the setting was perfect. The only issue we had was mosquitoes which the hotel took care of.
The food at the hotel was outstanding. You must try the rosgullas made of jaggery.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your comfortable stay at ITC Sonar. Uniquely created as a Luxury Business Resort, ITC Sonar relaxes at the end of a long tiring day specially our in-room WelcomSlumber program which aids our guests for better Sleep.

We hope you had occasion to enjoy the rejuvenating treatments offered at Kaya Kalp – The Spa, influenced by local history and culture pays tribute to the beauty of Bengal through its unique landscaping.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

A Nice hotel and staying here on vacationing in Kolkata for last few years with my family.Everything is very fine specially staffs of EDEN PAVILLION restaurant .Everything and everyone here is Nice except the reservation and reception desk .

Room Tip: Rooms with lili-pond view are nice
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BPC555

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

While I have noted your compliments, I have also noted with great concern the areas you have highlighted for improvement.

We have already addressed most of these issues and through our ongoing learning and training initiatives, have refocused on the same immediately.

Your patronage is deeply valued and we look forward to welcoming you back.