“A good place to stay, forget all other things”
Review of ITC Sonar

ITC Sonar
Ranked #4 of 224 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Kochi (Cochin), India
“A good place to stay, forget all other things”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

From the time you get down from your car - check in - and till reach your room you may not find even one smiling face ( hotel staff). If you can forget all those bad feelings, you may stay here for a good sleep, nice workout in the morning and shower. the food in the restaurants is very poor in selection as well as quality. the complementary breakfast is very poor. For example this is the first star property I have ever seen where the cut fruit is served in small quantity in glass bowls. To tell the truth, I stay here but always prefer to have food outside in selected restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in upper floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We have noted your comment on our service with great concern and let me assure you that the same has already been addressed for review as necessary. We hope to impress you in your future visits on the same.

Warm regards,

ITC Sonar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

If you are in Kolkata and want to get warmest possible welcome for your trip, then come and stay in ITC Sonar. This is one of most magnificent property of ITC in India and what I love about it is everything. Staff is excellent, you will see warm smiling people around like Kunju from guest service. You will love walking in the gardens of hotel and feeding golden fishes in the pond. I tried each of the restaurant. If you are fond of Chinese and Japenese food go for Pan Asian, for Indian food go for DumPukht sand enjoy Biryani. If you like Bengali food ask Chef Subhankar to make Luchi for you in buffet breakfast. All rooms are good and clean. As a business traveller, I feel ITC Sonar give you feeling of at home out of home.
Before I forget never miss fruit cake with nuts in bakery section of breakfast, best cake I ever had. In grill I recommend you to try buffet dinner on recommendation of great staff like Angel

Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor and we are delighted to note that you an enjoyable stay with us. We are truly motivated to ensure we live up to your expectations always.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Nagpur, India
Reviewed 6 August 2014

As a frequent traveller the most important aspect in a hotel that I look for is a feeling of home. This hotel and its current staff surely go the extra mile in making you comfortable and at times spoil you for wanting to ask and expect more next time around. I feel really welcome when I am acknowledged by name by most of the staff. Breakfast at the Eden Pavilion is always a delightful start to my day. I would like to make a special mention of Ms Manali Banerjee at the concierge who makes all out effort to greet the guests and make notes of their likings and preferences while their stay here. Kudos to ITC staff and their GM for making each of my stays here worthy of praise and wanting to come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner water body full of lotus and fish are quieter and always preferred.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and we are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay at ITC Sonar, Kolkata.

The resort like feel to a luxury business hotel is unique and we endeavor to offer our guests a ‘home away from home’ experience.

Your recommendation is deeply appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.

kolkata
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed there for 1 night and found that the housekeeping personnel was so arrogant and rude.dont know if dey behave in da same way to other guests also..in room dining food was delayed,my bed sheets had stains which was covered by talcum powder...my bathroom was not cleaned properly..I am vry upset and I will not be coming back again..

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank agarwalrahul
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us on Trip Advisor. We have noted your comments have also noted with great concern the areas you have highlighted for improvement.

We have already addressed most of these issues and through our ongoing learning and training initiatives, have refocused on the same immediately.

We request you to give us another opportunity and I am sure you will have a delightful stay with us; enjoying the warmth that ITC Sonar is known to offer.

Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here 1 night from 24th to 25th July for official work. It is one of the most beautiful hotels in Kolkata. As the property is from ITC, so you can expect the best services always.
The room I stayed was very cozy and I found every amenities I needed for 1 night stay.
Overall, it is a superb hotel.

1 Thank MountainLover365days
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your responses with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to note your experience and are happy to learn that you had a memorable time at ITC Sonar, Kolkata.

Your recommendation is deeply valued and we look forward to welcoming you back to create many more great memories together.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 August 2014

After having seen great reviews of the property on Trip Advisor, decided to stay here for a 3 nights. And I must say - the property is fabulous and service is outstanding !! Believe me, you have to stay here to experience it. Rooms are spic and span ! Every single staff member greets you with a warm smile. Service at all their restaurants is amazing ! And the food...trust me its to die for !! With various options like Dum Pukht, Peshawari and Pan Asian (my favourite), one gets to try out several options. The breakfast has a huge spread and you are literally pampered with world-class hospitality. Its one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at ! Hats-off to the entire team !

A special thanks to Mr Tumasp, who helped us a lot during our stay and was very warm and courteous. At the restaurant, Irfan was very efficient, polite and helpful. Also thanks to Debayan and Santunu for their prompt service.

Simply loved the stay and can't wait to get back there !

Room Tip: The best room category is undoubtedly ITC-One ! Its super luxurious !
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ashm99
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor, we are delighted to note that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel.

We appreciate your recommendation on our rooms, cuisines and services and hope to welcome you back in your future visits.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I am an Airline Cockpit Crew & I stay in this hotel quite often & every time I stay here its a different experience. Right from the property , the rooms , the gym & the pool and last but not the least the warm & friendly people in the restaurant EDEN PAVILLION. A special mention goes to Chef Varun Kinger , Chef Shubhankar and Irfan who go out of their way to make your visit complete and far exceed your expectations. The service of the staff in every department also is commendable.

1 Thank punja_a
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay at ITC Sonar and thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor.

Your kind recommendation on our services, rooms, gymnasium, pool, food & beverage and staff are deeply appreciated.

We look forward to welcome you in your future visits.