* excellent people at the Front Desk and Concierge.
* good facilities like Gym, Outdoor Swimming Pool, Spa.
* the toilet in the room is very well arranged.
* we were given complimentary breakfast which was not included in our room rate. We thanked the hotel for this.
* "Hyatt" brand name if it matters to you.
* the hotel is about 15 Kms away from the airport with hardly any decent mall or eatery within walking distance. 15 kms doesn't look too long a distance but through traffic and bad roads, I would rather go to a hotel within 3-4 kms of the airport next time. The airport transfer service offered by the hotel is quite expensive. Better to ask for a taxi from outside.
* the room we were given was too small and compact for the price we were paying. The compactness of the room was also partly due to poor arrangement of the furniture. For example, the work desk in the room almost touches the bed and could very easily be moved back. The luggage rack in the room can take only one piece of cabin baggage. That is, your suitcases for 2 persons have to be put in the living space in the room. Even if it is one person, the suitcase has to be out.
* WiFi was on a charging basis which was surprising because all hotels I have stayed in previously had free WiFi in the room.
* the hotel has 2-3 restaurants but we dined and had breakfast in the restaurant just a floor below the Front Desk. (Can't remember the name of the restaurant.) The food quality was average. Prices are a rip off. Service is extremely slow.
I don't wish to be ungrateful for the free breakfast but travellers need to consider the points I have made above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata is a luxury business hotel in Kolkata (or “Calcutta”), India. Being the first five-star hotel in Salt Lake City, it is also acclaimed as one of Kolkata’s favourites. The hotel creates the feel of a private cocoon away from the complexities of modern living without giving up any of its luxuries. Saddled between Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Airport and Howrah Railway Station which lie just 11 km (7 miles) to either side, Hyatt Regency Kolkata enjoys a prime location near the city’s IT hub and is a preferred business destination of East India. A tranquil retreat amid spectacular landscaped gardens, featuring 233 luxury guest rooms and suites, the hotel allows guests to relax and rejuvenate while staying in Kolkata. Apart from all rooms having access to Wi-Fi Internet, guests on the Regency Club Floor enjoy access to the luxurious Regency Club Lounge and evening cocktail hours. Specialty restaurants like Guchhi, La Cucina,and the 24-hour Waterside Café offer a selection of the finest cuisines. Sink into a range of premium spirits and cocktails at The Bar or at Poolside. Pamper yourself at the holistic spa – Club Prana – featuring a 24-hour gymnasium, squash and tennis courts and a landscaped pool.Being one of the most popular business hotels in the city, Hyatt Regency Kolkata provides extensive banqueting facilities for meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibitions and weddings. The hotel also offers great value meeting packages and personalized catering services.This Kolkata hotel has several interesting tourist attractions nearby. The Science City, an impressive science museum complex, is only 4 km (2.5 miles) away. Nicco Park, an open-air amusement park with an attached water theme park, is also nearby. The Missionaries of Charities is one of the prominent sites for all who visit this cultural capital. Hence, while staying at Hyatt Regency Kolkata one can enjoy many of on-site and off-site activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Kolkata
- Kolkata Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata Kolkata (Calcutta), India - West Bengal