“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Kolkata

Hyatt Regency Kolkata
Ranked #9 of 217 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
delhi
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

A good convenient Hotel in Salt lake just 30 min from the airport The rooms are modern and are . You can Watch the TV from your bathroom.Very clean and maintained very well. The restaurants are ok with lot of options .Taste of the food is good although the menu combinations may not be as good. Breakfast spread is good one can enjoy water pool from your dinning space. The staff is very good professionally trained helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyattRegency_K0lkata, Manager at Hyatt Regency Kolkata, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear sandeepdelhi,

Greetings of the day from Hyatt Regency Kolkata!

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay in our hotel recently. We are happy to know that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us and hope that Hyatt Regency Kolkata will remain your favorite address in all your future visits to the "City of Joy". Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Hyatt Regency Kolkata.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

A superbly made hotel on the outskirts of the city. The rooms are modern and are amazing. You can Watch the TV from your bathroom.Very clean and maintained very well. The restaurants are amazing.Food is really good.I really like their coffee shop where many lovers meet. Breakfast spread is awesome and the dinner buffet is well thought out.Regret can't do justice to food anymore. If you have the bucks this is place to spend your stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.In Kolkata the higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattRegency_K0lkata, Manager at Hyatt Regency Kolkata, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Jyotibhatta,

Greetings of the day from Hyatt Regency Kolkata.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us regarding your stay with us. We are happy to know that you had a comfortable stay and you liked the hotel, room and restaurants. We hope that Hyatt Regency Kolkata remains your favourite address in all your future visits to the City of Joy. Looking forward to welcome you to the hotel during your next visit to the city.

Kolkata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hyatt Regency has it's own beauty to visit. Roman style building and European ambiance will please your eyes. You can enjoy water pool from your dinning space. Wide range of food in Buffet. From variety of breads and soups with starters. We enjoyed smoked pom fret, fish and chips, varieties veg pakoras ( cauliflower and potato ) , fish cutlet and fried rice. Chicken delicacies and sweet funda are there. You can enjoy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
      Location
2 Thank KolkataManju
HyattRegency_K0lkata, Manager at Hyatt Regency Kolkata, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear KolkataManju,

Greetings of the day from Hyatt Regency Kolkata.

Thanks you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for appreciating the food at our restaurants. It was our pleasure serving you as our guest and looking forward to welcome you to the hotel during your next visit to the city of joy.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I can't speak highly enough of this hotel. I spent four nights here in June and was delighted with the quality of the hotel, the facilities and, in particular, the quality of service. The staff are the best I have experienced in any hotel. Extremely polite, attentive, helpful and informative.
I would say that it is primarily a business hotel but from that perspective it is really good. There is a very nice reception area that leads off to a variety of restaurants. I ate at the Italian which was very good and also had breakfast in the Waterside Cafe which offered a very wide choice at the breakfast buffet. I would say that the hotel would benefit from having a separate coffee shop rather than it being part of the Waterside Cafe. I also used the bar, which is OK, but could do with updating.
The gym is excellent and there is also a good spa area with the usual hot tubs and saunas. Outside there is a very nice swimming pool and the surrounding area is nicely landscaped.
There are normally things in a hotel that you can pick fault with and I tried to with the Hyatt and, in all honesty, the only thing I could fault is that the water pressure in the shower could be better - that is very small criticism for a hotel! If you are traveling to Kolkata on business I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the fourth floor and it was very nice with a good view of the city.
3 Thank David J
HyattRegency_K0lkata, Manager at Hyatt Regency Kolkata, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear David J,

Greeting of the day from the City of Joy! Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us recently and recommending it to others. It gives us immense pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable and pleasant stay with us. Thank you for utilizing all our services including the Bar, Club Prana, Swimming pool and restaurants. Regarding the water pressure in the shower, we will look into this and rectify if the pressure is less than the desired.

Thank you once again for giving us an opportunity to serve you and hope Hyatt Regency Kolkata remains as your favorite destination in all your future visits. We are looking forward to welcome you to the hotel during your next visit.

Best Regards,
Management Team,
West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Let me just start by saying that this is going to be a long review.

We had a 2 day - 2 room booking as we were celebrating my parents anniversary. It was a fantastic hotel stay with amazing people looking after us.

I am a Diamond member of Hyatt's Gold Passport program, and therefore I got a very good daily rate. Furthermore I used two of my Diamond suite upgrades to upgrade myself and my parents to a suite room. My parents got the best suite available and we got the Regency Suite King.

Breakfast:
We had breakfast at the Waterside cafe both mornings and it was a good spread of South Indian food, fruits and live counters. The waiting staff was looking a little impatient with the crowds but it was still managed well. The breakfast was surely filling.

Lunch and In- room dining.
We ordered lunch and evening snacks via in-room dining and it was good enough. Nothing much to talk about.

Guchhi Dinner.
The Guchhi dinner was really outstanding. The appetizers, drinks and food were the best meal that I had here. If one is looking for North Indian food, one should always try Guchhi for the sheer awesomeness.

Recency Club Lounge:
The lounge visits were complimentary as we were staying in rooms above the Club level. It was a very well decorated and staffed with very courteous people. I forget the name of the lady who was there on both the evenings (11th July and 12th July, 5:00pm onwards) but she was of utmost help. We wanted cold coffee and that is something they don't serve in the lounge, but she went out of her way to arrange that from the cafe. So Kudos to the Hyatt regency staff training program who know how the staff should be treating guests. One piece of advice to better the-already-amazing lounge would be to have a better selection of vegetarian appetizers. This would provide a better appeal.

Club Prana:
The spa itself was beautiful with the most enriching perfumes and aroma oils. My father took advantage of the spa and had a head massage and a haircut which was managed very professionally. I didn't get time to try out the gym and the swimming pool, but I could see kids enjoying themselves and therefore I feel the water was both clean and the temperature perfect for kids and adults alike.

Special mentions:
Mr. Jitesh Nundun was my contact towards the time when I was finally going to check in and he was very very helpful in the entire booking process. He made sure that everything was spic and span and the rooms were perfect to the very last detail. Since my parents were celebrating their anniversary, he had arranged a bouquet and cake which was a very sweet gesture.

Some room for Improvement:
Even though the stay was the most amazing one I have had in terms of hospitality this year, there is always something that could be better. I say this just because I know it makes a great difference when a person has a choice of booking a room with X hotel or Y hotel.
The telephone staff seemed to have a very casual attitude. When they transferred you somewhere but the other person didn't know the answer, they would just hang up. This did not happen just once or twice but on many different occasions. Even if someone doesn't know an answer, the least they could do is jot down the number and probably see a manager and get back. Another point that I did notice was that below the middle management, the staff could sometimes be a little arrogant. This was evident in the Water side cafe especially.

A few points amiss, but other than that it was a beautiful trip The rooms were perfect and we had amazing baths at the jetted tubs. A traveler looking for a quiet place or a family looking for a trip where they would be pampered should keep this hotel in mind.

Hats off and a big shout out to all the people who made this special trip even more special by all the extra touches! We will surely be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank rachit389
Dear rachit389,

Greetings of the day from Hyatt Regency Kolkata. Belated best wishes to your parents for their marriage anniversary. It was wonderful to have your parents with us on their anniversary day. Thank you very much for sharing your delightful experience about your stay with us on a great occasion. It was indeed a pleasure to serve you as our guest. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we could meet your expectations. We are looking at your feedback and suggestions and taking necessary action to improve guest service.

Thank you once again for giving us an opportunity to serve you and looking forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Kolkata during your next visit to the City of Joy.

With Best Regards,
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have stayed here on business trip and the stay was very good.

The problem has started during checkout. I have a pick and drop to airport as a complimentary part of my package. Availed the same. During checkout was in a bit hurry and didn't checked the bill and made the payment. After two hours got time to see the bill and found that the pick and drop to airport has been charged in the bill. Called the hotel and told the same in detail, guy said he will check and call me back in half an hour.No call. Again i called to check the status. Same repeated answer but no revert. Next day called again to hotel and for a change they told that guy who speaks with me is not available. Called again in the day, but things didn't got changed.

I was under impression that i stayed in a Hyatt property and these things will resolve easily , but i was wrong. It is just behaving like a tout who don't want to return the money. After several rounds of calls, i finally send out a big mail to them. Finally i got a response that they have charged it mistakenly and refunding the amount in 7 working days. But its more than a month over, but no refunds. Needless to say i put a reminder mail also in between , but no one cared to revert the mail.

I am still waiting for the refund and don't know when they will be kind enough to return my money.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Dhankarb
Dear Dhankarb,

Greetings of the day from Hyatt Regence Kolkata!

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us recently. We are happy to know that your stay was good but sorry to hear that you had been charged for the airport drop. We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. We did an internal investigation and found that a refund letter has been already issued to American Express Bank on 8th July. We request you to check your account for the same.

We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Looking forward to welcoming you to Hyatt Regency Kolkata again during your next visit to the city.

With Best Regards,
Management Team,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is my 3rd Business Trip to Kolkata and each time I have stayed at this fantastic Hotel. Each time I have spent 3 weeks in Kolkata. Being away from home for 3 weeks is very difficult but staying at this Hotel makes the stay much more enjoyable. You feel like you are with Family. Every single staff member goes out of their way to make you comfortable. Many of the staff that were there on my 1st visit two years ago are still there which says something about this Hotel Also due to this I have forged a beautiful relationship with them. All of this is due to the outstanding General Manager of the Hotel, Britta Leick-Milde. She makes sure every little detail for your stay is perfect. Being there for these long stays, I have also met short time travelers and they are also treated like Royalty. I have been offered great deals at other Hotels in Kolkata but due to reasonable rates, the outstanding service and great restaurants Why would I stay anywhere else. I hope this Hotel never changes. My only minor complaint is that being a long term traveler, a bar or club lounge with music would be perfect. At present they only have a bar but I am sure this will change. If you looking for an all around great Hotel, this Hotel is for you.

Location
3 Thank mgg1105
HyattRegency_K0lkata, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kolkata, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear mgg1105

thank you so much for your wonderful feedback about your experience at Hyatt Regency Kolkata and recommending us through Tripadvisor. Also thank you for coming back to the hotel each year and being our loyal customer. Feedback like yours motivates us to give our best every day and it makes me personally very proud of the entire team, who was at your service every day as they showed their passion for hospitality and surely we will have your feedback shared with everyone.
With regards to your feedback about the lounge/bar with music, we have taken note of and is under discussion for future projects, which we hope we can soon talk in more detail about.

Thank you once again for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. And we are looking forward to welcoming you soon back to Hyatt Regency Kolkata.

With kind regards from the City of Joy