“Comfortable Stay”
Review of Hotel De Sovrani

Hotel De Sovrani
Ranked #70 of 221 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Chennai
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Economically it is very good hotel and .City center1 ( Saltlake ) is walkabale distance for all sort of shooing . There is no Disco available in this hotel and small bar is available . Staff response is very good

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very good and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ckrishnamohan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I would really like to highlight the following w.r.t. poor customer experience:

1) No set top boxes for guests. Current cable TV is very bad in quality and channels are also very limited. It seems as if you have gone into the early 2000s when you needed to call your cablewala to improve picture quality which is actually analog(no scope for improvement).
2) No cab service for pick-up of guests who have their offices nearby the Hotel as the public transport in Kolkata is very poor. We had called in for pick-up after much deliberation with the inexperienced Hotel staff. And when we called the cab, it never came. Furthermore, the hotel staff didn't have the courtesy to tell me that cab will be very late. I had to call in and check myself about the cab.
3) Internet wifi facility sucks and is not upto the mark since you can’t even play youtube videos on the internet.
4) Breakfast menu for vegetarians is very limited and sometimes rotten and stinky.
5) Veg. and non-veg. dishes are kept under the pan for heating in buffet.
6) Very limited and average dine-in menu. Variety and quality both are not good.

Room Tip: Please go for The Sonnet Hotel, just opposite to this property
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bhjain

Travellers are raving about these Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels

India
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Positives: The location is a stone throw distance from malls and movie plex.

Averages: Rooms are adequate, not elaborate

Negatives: The bathrooms are bit small.

I have stayed twice but on both instances took the early morning flight out. One instance I had a quick breakfast where I found that it wasnt great. It was ok.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Chandan M
Kolkata
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I had taken lunch there with my family and it was a great experience. The ambiance was good. The staff behaviour was good. The space in the resturant was fully reserved. However they had made special arrangement for my family.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank maheshjj
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This review is for their restaurant - Sand. I visited them for dinner.
The Pros - Great food, Wonderful ambiance, Service with a smile always, big parking lot, good location (near City Centre 1)
Enjoyed their Lemon Coriander Soup (perfectly made with the right balance), Manchow soup, Fish in Schewan sauce (very fresh and soft fish), Crispy chilli baby corn (very crispy), Sanghai Lamb with Star Anise (the lamb was succulent and soft), Chicken in black bean sauce, Pan fried noodles (very tasty), Special fried rice, Sweet crepe in Butterscotch sauce, Ice cream (Chocolate & Vanilla).

The Cons - . None

A great upcoming destination for foodies.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DaipayanD
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed here for two and a half weeks while I worked near by. Its a new hotel so it is in very good condition, the rooms were comfortable and clean, so were all the public areas, restaurant and bar. The food was very nice, they have a good variety of meal and also have a buffet each night.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and will do all they can to help you out when you ask. Although I felt at times they were too helpful, they phoned me to ask if I was going for breakfast, dinner, if there was anything wrong with my room and even phoned at 10am on a Sunday morning to ask if I was ok. Maybe this is normal to do in India, but I was so tired from the work that I was there to do, that I just wanted to sleep. They also knocked the door every morning to ask if I had laundry, even though if you do you are supposed to phone them and leave the notice on the door. One morning I got three knocks on the door for several things. I was so tired when I left this hotel and I did tell them I wouldn't be returning.

they would organise a car for me each day to take me to work and back, one day I got in the car and there was a man there, they had basically agreed to pick him up at the same time, which isn't too much of a problem, but I got charged twice for this day, it was my fault I didn't look at everything on my bill, so I have left paying more. So just make sure you check everything.

There is a lot of noise too, there are many stray dogs outside the hotel and all they do is bark and howl all night. There is also music played in the hall ways of the hotel, they say its meant to be relaxing, but I found it very annoying when trying to sleep. They also had really loud music played in the bar at times and I could even hear it on the 6th floor. It usually went on until about midnight.

The area surrounding the hotel is not that nice, I didn't go out in the evening myself as I didn't feel safe, this meant I had to be back before about 630pm before it got dark. There is a huge shopping centre near by with more shops than you would even need. Great if you love shopping.

There is a pool on the 9th floor, take the lift to 8th and go up the stairs. Its very nice up there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank l0vet0travell0ts
Mumbai
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Location was not impressive but overall stay was amazing. Staff is very helpful.i had to take an early morning flight and they brought packed breakfast, it was very nice of them as I was travelling with my 5 yr old.booked a cab to airport with front desk which was pricey Rs 800 for one way trip, which normally costs Rs 200.room size was small for king room.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family