“Decent Hotel”
Review of Hotel Esteem

Hotel Esteem
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel from 17th May till 19th May with my wife and daughter. It is good hotel with good location (walkable distance from Victoria Memorial, Planetarium, INOX mall -- all with in 1 KM distance). The only bad part about the location is that it is in a small street about 50 mts from the main road.
As far as the service is concerned, it is good and professional.
Rooms are a bit small if you are taking the deluxe one.
Food is OK but not great. They boast of a restaurant but it is nothing but a conference room turned into place to dine if you don't want room service.
The check out time is very firm at 12:00 PM. But they would let you use their lobby and guest washroom till the late evening which was very helpful for me as I had a train late and the hotel even provided the towel and soap to take a quick a bath.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 May 2014

its a very nice hotel, very good reception crew, well behaved and polite.
service is good. location is not very far from park street. came here with my wife couple of times and would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Room Service was excellent.The rooms were clean & Well Furnished.The staff helped & Guided us. Hotel is Centrally Located Just Behind SUB WAY & Mcdonald's. I Stayed at Room 209 which was very Good With Decent Bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am based out of Kolkata and Booked 12 rooms in Dec'13 for my guests accommodation. Was totally disappointed with the overall experience.
1.) We booked the rooms two months prior of check-in as the number of rooms were high. Since the hotel was new the banquet was not ready at the time of booking but we were promised that it would get ready before our date of stay. To our surprise it was not ready during our check in and we had to do our rituals and functions in unfinished banquets. The GM of the manager is totally unreliable.
2.) At the time of booking we were promised discounts as it was bulk booking which the manager denied at the time of payment.
3.) Horrible service: The hotel was not adequately staffed. It does not even has its own kitchen and restaurant. We booked lunch and breakfast for 30 guests with decided menu. The hotel was not able to serve it properly and even changed the menu without intimation.
We ordered for veg sandwich but they served chicken sandwich. Since we are veg it was horrifying for us.
I suggest one should avoid staying in this Hotel. There are much better hotels in Kolkata with cheaper rates

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank piyushhh
Reviewed 12 May 2014

this hotel is really good, in such a low price range in the heart of the city this hotel is good one to stay, this is a clean hotel. very near to MacDonald restaurant, also close by to Forum mall. metro station is very near. this hotel is perfect for business travelers, in great location at affordable price. so give it a try.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Hotel is located in a residential area, which is approx 20 km and 1 hr away from airport. Room provided was very small, about only 1.5 feet space around bed, they had a big mirror on the wall to make the room look bigger, but the mirror looked very awkward and suspicious. They do partiality with the customers who booked room online from other sites rather than directly from them as my colleagues staying in same hotel and same type of room were provided spacious rooms because they booked directly with hotel rather than ibibo. Their room service was pathetic and food even worse. I had to remind them twice for every order and wait for minimum 1 hr. I wont be staying in this hotel again ever and wont recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I recommend this property to anyone who is visiting Kolkata for business.

The location is good, rooms are a bit small but clean, and bathrooms are good too.

I had some issues with my check-in but the staff managed to sort it out. I had booked my accommodation using Yatra but the hotel was full when I arrived.

I recommend that the property owners have proper real-time communication with travel agents such as Yatra and Travelguru, to avoid such miss-communications.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business