“New hotel in Kolkata definitely worth the stay”
Review of Hotel Niharika

Hotel Niharika
Ranked #32 of 235 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel recently on a solo trip. I was travelling to India and Kolkota for the first time. I had a very good experience at the hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful and helped guide me as a foreign traveller. The rooms were neat and clean, and the food was also very good. I booked the hotel through makemytrip and got a very good value with a flight included. After checking out seeing my final bill, I was also very satisfied. I thought the price was very fair given the quality of service and accomadations i received. I would definitley stay at the hotel again on my next stay !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Rohit S

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Located on very busy Kolkata road.
My colleague had already checked in and she only booked me a room for next day. Room was confirmed. When i arrived at 9 in morning next day there was no room. I was asked to have my breakfast. Then was made seated for about 30 min and then room was allotted.
Among many hotels in Kolkata i have stayed; i shall rate this one as good place; only for its acceptable breakfast.
Room was bit small. Had an old type of air conditioner. Latrine water jet was not working. Reception was quite anxious to know exactly when shall i check out. That was bit unusual experience.
Finally; in Kolkata at the price you wont get better place than Niharika.

Room Tip: My room was 308 but opposite side rooms were better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Abhiram_Sathe
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I checked in this hotel by an accident(since my hotel was booked near to the airport). nice cooperation by the front desk people and made a smooth check in. Rooms are good, clean and quite small, but it is comfortable for a business stay. Staff and waiters are always ready for your disposal. Breakfast was good (but with limited varieties), lunch and breakfast was also in good taste.
Making of bill should be quite fast since I waited for 10 minutes for the car rent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The worst hotel I would ever imagine in my life … to start the hotel did not have my booking with them I just made call to check my booking the hotel said they don’t have any booking by that name called up make my trip got my booking in place to start early check in was conformed by hotel and make my trip…as I was on Day trip for my presentation reached early around 10 in morning and was flying back 9pm in evening…. the hotel and make my trip was well aware about my visit Kolkata … I was denied check in in the hotel at 10 am because I had a female colleague who I was not married too and they would not allow me to check in. …Give me a break even I am an hotelier and embracing your guest at hotel …I think all hotel should close down on this rule…. The worst part the hotel and make my trip did not refund my money… ended up spending whole day in café coffee day and preparing my presentation. Will never book though make my trip or recommended this hotel… the staff is rude and the manager is too busy to speak to your guest…highly recommend you to shut down this place.

Room Tip: don't book it
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Anand1098
HOTELNIHARIKA, General Manager at Hotel Niharika, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Mr. Mohit Anand had booked a room in our hotel through “Make my Trip.com” for his

stay only. Accordingly, provisions were made for his stay. He was never denied stay at

the hotel. The additional person whom Mr. Mohit Anand insisted to accommodate was

denied lodging or space in the room as there was no room booking in her name.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked a room for three weeks to stay with a friend and we were upgraded to an slightly bigger room, a gesture we appreciated.The check in process was fast and uneventful. The room was comfortable with tv with plenty of international channels, coffee maker, refrigerator and good lighting for reading at night.We were surprised that even though there is a phone it is not possible to call outside from the room.The wifi is complementary and worked well. There are too many light switches which is at times inconvenient. The room was clean although under the beds there was some room for improvement. One day when the ac was not functioning properly, the staff fixed it quickly. Our requests for hand towels were answered promptly and we enjoyed the daily turndown service. Breakfast is good and dinner is tasty with Indian as well as Chinese options. The cook offered to cook italian dishes for us and made every effort to please us. The staff at the restaurant was also very attentive.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't face Bose Road as the street is noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I booked 2 rooms for my mother in law, wife and myself.
The stay was good, room was clean and food was good.
The reception loos however confused sometimes asking un-necessary irrelevant questions, but the hotel is overall nice to stay. Will be coming again to this hotel with my wife next month.

Room Tip: rooms are quiet but should shift the cameras where some of them are facing the room doors directly.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank bks170882
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I book a room in the premises for 5 days after going through online sites. later the as IPL match got shifted to Cuttack from kolkata so we are forced to move to cuttack for a night. The duty manager understand us and adjust accordingly :) . After a drive in hot weather me and my GF reached hotel around 2PM, we got shocked When the receptionist said we cant accept u as we are unmarried. what the hell we provide valid ID Passport with Visa and my DC. Im from Chennai and she is from outside India and its our first visit to kolkata. Dont know Hindi neither bangali, kolkata fired us like nothing. The hotel doesnt understand us. The foreign marriage act India takes hell lot of time to get marriage certificate. Later we checked in Sapphire Suites (new market) and we decided no more Kolkata. And the funnest part is at night i got a call from Hotel niharika saying u havent checked in. I just want to bombard but controlled. Cuttack is far better then Kolkata in respect.

Room Tip: Big no for unmarried couples
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple