“Way behind......”
Review of Celesta - Kolkata

Celesta - Kolkata
Ranked #47 of 224 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms are good and comfortable. Clean environment and easy access arround the city. Reception staff are not trained and ready to face rush of customers, I had to wait for more than 20mins at the time of arrival.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ranbirkr
KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us. We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We have noted and will share your experience with our associates and make sure these concerns are addressed and improved upon

We look forward to welcome you again at Celesta - Kolkata.

There are newer reviews for Celesta - Kolkata

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was in your hotel on 07th June night for a short stay of 5 hours in which I had faced problems which are not acceptable at any means, I like to write as follows –
- Sales man had misguided me while booking, stated that bar is open, it’s a 4 start hotel, after check out I found no bar and it’s a 3 start deluxe hotel
- Check in takes 30 minutes which is simply not possible
- Advance had been asked during the check in, it’s not a standard of 4 star hotel
- Cable TV is not working, while complaining duty manger told me that they have 24 guests and no one had complained so how you can get this problem……
- While ordering food, simple diet drink had been accepted, after 20 min room service called and informed that not possible
- Calling at 1.00 am asking for cleaning the plates, it’s not professional
- Wake up call asked for 4.00 am, call got a 4.20 am giving me an excuse that guest was checking in why should I face a problem, almost flight was missed

After all this incidences, they had made my food bill free which is such a embracing situation that we have taken food free for all the issues.
This hotel is not value for money and very much ill maintained, arrogant and lazy staff.
I suggest not to spend such a high amount on such a normal class hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank maheshtyagi
KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Mr. Tyagi,

We have noted your feedback regarding our hotel. We are certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

Yes, our bar is yet to be operational and I totally agree with you on the points noted by you. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We are looking into the highlights of your feedback. We shall share your comments with the appropriate managers to make sure these concerns are addressed and improved upon.

We look forward to welcome you on your next visit at Celesta - Kolkata.

Thanks & regards

Reviewed 5 June 2014

It was my first visit to Kolkatta and selected this hotel as it was near the airport. As I was new to Kolkatta, I wanted to get a airport pick up from the hotel and requested for the same. I send hotel the pick up request mail and had to call them as I did not receive any reply for my mail after 02 days. Over phone they told me that I don't need a pick up and can reach the hotel by taxi even after telling that I am new to Kolkatta. Strange service !!!!!!

I had to wait for 30 minutes for my room as the reception told me that the room is getting ready. I dont know how at night 08 PM the room was not ready. The same thing happened when I had to wait for atleast 45 minutes for my food. All these were really annoying as I wanted to go to bed fast for my early morning flight next day. The people were not apologetic for all these delays and were very casual in the way they were talking to me

They should be professional with their guest and atleast look apologetic when a guest is upset

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank entertour
KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for your feedback of your stay with us in the month of January 2014. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you.

As you are aware that we had then just opened in the month of January 2014 and being in the project stage, we may have fallen short of your expectations.

We are looking into the highlights of your feedback and surely will look into the same to make sure these concerns are addressed and improved upon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was here for 2 days for a Business Trip , All in All a Good Hotel to stay even though i had some minor hiccups, but the staff was really good and made it up , another advantage is it is really near to the Airport which makes your life easy for a early morning flight out. the only issue i faced was the reception forgot to wake me up for my early flight and luckily the taxi cab guy came in nick of time so i had to rush to Airport without even doing any morning chores... overall a very good hotel to stay .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us. We are certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been as our boys forgot to give you the wake up call.

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you. We are looking into your feedback and would share your comments with the appropriate managers to make sure these concerns are addressed and improved upon.

Regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Celesta, Kolkata has provided my guests -
* quality of service
* range of food facility & mocktails
* maximum cooperation & generosity
* good accommodation with cleanliness
* spacious, decorated rooms & bathrooms

* missing - Pool & Bar.

I am thankful to Celesta!

Room Tip: Suites are too good, other rooms are praiseworthy. Elegant decoration. Homely atmosphere. Noise fre...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Ma'am,

We thank you for taking time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us. We are glad that we could make your stay memorable and will share your experience with our associates.

We look forward to welcome you again at Celesta, Kolkata and we would ensure that our Bar is operational once you are back.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Only about 3-4 km from d Kolkata airport, this hotel is a perfect deal for those who want to relax in between their journey.
I was pretty apprehensive while doing the booking but when we entered the room all my doubts were cleared. The rooms are modestly spacious and was contemporarily designed keeping practicality in view.
I am particularly interested in checking d bathrooms first whenever I enter a hotel room and this one was just what i needed for the day. Spacious and very functional. Although it did not have a bathtub( i wasn't looking for that honestly and a shower was all i wanted) and few toiletries that I would like to see in a hotel bathroom but apart from that it was good.
The restaurant has great food to offer, economically priced too.
We loved the schezuan prawns and hakka noodles.
Overall if u r looking for a warm and cozy place and some good food to go with in a overwhelmingly crowded city like Kolkata, then Celesta won't disappoint you.

• Stayed: May 2014
KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Sir,

We thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us. We have shared your experience with our production team.

Also let us know about the toiletries you want on your next visit and the we would arrange for the same.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Its was a pleasant stay and good hospitality for the 2nd time..... Good food & very friendly staff. Just minutes away from Kolkata airport in the VIP Road with access to all destination on Kolkata. Food & breakfast was great and even arranged for a packaged breakfast on request.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us. We have noted and will share your experience with our associates.

We look forward to welcome you again at Celesta - Kolkata.