“What a pleasant stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Celesta - Kolkata

Celesta - Kolkata
Ranked #38 of 216 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Sylhet City, Bangladesh, Asia
“What a pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed in celesta for a week along with my wife and two kids. My stay in celesta was fantastic. Room service, front desk service, cleanliness were outstanding. Should improve their food varieties, specially in breakfast. Every one were helpful and they try to satisfy customers in all aspect. Avishek and purnima in front desk and bishwajit in room service were really really good.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank shiplu83
KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Dr. Ahmed,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Celesta - Kolkata. Thank you for taking out time to write this review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that we could make your stay comfortable and enjoyable on your visit to India. It has been our utmost focus at Celesta - Kolkata to provide our valued guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality.

Your appreciation has been a tremendous source of inspiration for our team members especially Abhishek and Punam and I am sure your words of encouragement would definitely go a long way in inspiring and motivating the team to deliver ‘service par excellence’ to all our discerning guests.

Joy Bhattacharya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lucknow, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

dropped into the hotel accidently without any prior booking. people at the reception were more than welcoming. property was exceptionally well maintained, service was impeccable and prompt, decent restaurant but sadly no bar. overall a cozy place to stay and a cheerful and helpful staff, keep it up.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Milind W
KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us. We have noted and will share your experience with our associates.

Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

When we landed in Kolkata at 2:15 AM, and our next flight out of Kolkata was 12 hours away, we needed a safe and comfortable place to crash. The airport had a 24 hour florist, but not no real airport help desk! We asked the police help booth at the airport and the persons there, although kind and well behaved, suggested a hotel that did not look very appealing. Other than that, they had no other option! So, we asked the taxi driver to take us to a good hotel, and he took us too all places that gave us the creeps. Meanwhile we looked up online and found a few options. None of the hotels similar to Celesta bothered to even answer the call, but Celesta, which is some 4 or 5 km away from the airport.
We were overall pleased with the service and assistance offered by the staff. Also, the rooms were very comfortable and very well appointed. The only place where there seemed a scope of improvement was the breakfast spread.
Overall, it was a very good experience staying at Celesta.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us. We have noted your suggestions regarding the spread of the buffet breakfast and will definitely take care of the same.

We have also shared your experience with our associates.

MREENAHL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on 12th and 13th of June. Being on the way to the Airport I didnt expect much from this place. However the cheerful and helpful people made the difference. otherwise clean and neat ambience is better than expected of a hotel mostly targeted at fliers perhaps.

Food is nice. Service is really the icing however. Cheerful staff may not be the best in the industry but they do their bit in trying to findout what you need and get it there for you.

A gymn is missed. Even one room converted would do a lot for habitual travellers to get the red circulating.

Room Tip: Further away from the street is quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MREENAHL
KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this review, 18 June 2014

Durgapur, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms are good and comfortable. Clean environment and easy access arround the city. Reception staff are not trained and ready to face rush of customers, I had to wait for more than 20mins at the time of arrival.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ranbirkr
Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us. We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We have noted and will share your experience with our associates and make sure these concerns are addressed and improved upon

Pune, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was in your hotel on 07th June night for a short stay of 5 hours in which I had faced problems which are not acceptable at any means, I like to write as follows –
- Sales man had misguided me while booking, stated that bar is open, it’s a 4 start hotel, after check out I found no bar and it’s a 3 start deluxe hotel
- Check in takes 30 minutes which is simply not possible
- Advance had been asked during the check in, it’s not a standard of 4 star hotel
- Cable TV is not working, while complaining duty manger told me that they have 24 guests and no one had complained so how you can get this problem……
- While ordering food, simple diet drink had been accepted, after 20 min room service called and informed that not possible
- Calling at 1.00 am asking for cleaning the plates, it’s not professional
- Wake up call asked for 4.00 am, call got a 4.20 am giving me an excuse that guest was checking in why should I face a problem, almost flight was missed

After all this incidences, they had made my food bill free which is such a embracing situation that we have taken food free for all the issues.
This hotel is not value for money and very much ill maintained, arrogant and lazy staff.
I suggest not to spend such a high amount on such a normal class hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank maheshtyagi
KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Mr. Tyagi,

We have noted your feedback regarding our hotel. We are certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

Yes, our bar is yet to be operational and I totally agree with you on the points noted by you. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We are looking into the highlights of your feedback. We shall share your comments with the appropriate managers to make sure these concerns are addressed and improved upon.

We look forward to welcome you on your next visit at Celesta - Kolkata.

Thanks & regards

Kochi (Cochin), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

It was my first visit to Kolkatta and selected this hotel as it was near the airport. As I was new to Kolkatta, I wanted to get a airport pick up from the hotel and requested for the same. I send hotel the pick up request mail and had to call them as I did not receive any reply for my mail after 02 days. Over phone they told me that I don't need a pick up and can reach the hotel by taxi even after telling that I am new to Kolkatta. Strange service !!!!!!

I had to wait for 30 minutes for my room as the reception told me that the room is getting ready. I dont know how at night 08 PM the room was not ready. The same thing happened when I had to wait for atleast 45 minutes for my food. All these were really annoying as I wanted to go to bed fast for my early morning flight next day. The people were not apologetic for all these delays and were very casual in the way they were talking to me

They should be professional with their guest and atleast look apologetic when a guest is upset

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank entertour
KolkataJoy, General Manager at Celesta - Kolkata, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest

We thank you for your feedback of your stay with us in the month of January 2014. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you.

As you are aware that we had then just opened in the month of January 2014 and being in the project stage, we may have fallen short of your expectations.

We are looking into the highlights of your feedback and surely will look into the same to make sure these concerns are addressed and improved upon.