“Trip to Calcutta,”
Review of The Lindsay

The Lindsay
Ranked #45 of 250 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Arrived at 1-30am on the 9th feb,room was not prepared from the previous occupant!
Next day I discovered in the evening that the fridge was turned off!!
I got a call from the front desk to come down as my signature was required,most annoyed,turned out that it was to sign a laundry voucher,
Seems like some of your staff need retraining, what ever happened to good old customer service,
Not happy Hotel Lindsay,
Brian Tims

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Bosco937
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Lindsay, Kolkata recently. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Going through the review i felt you faced certain discomforts during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the same.

At The Lindsay we take pride in ensuring our customer's satisfaction. Unfortunately we did not meet your expectations this time. I have shared your feedback with my team and as a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken remedial steps to ensure this will never happen again.

We deeply value your relationship with The Lindsay and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your return visit to kolkata and request you to give us another opportunity of serving you to showcase ourselves in better.

The Lindsay

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were pleased to stay in a central location as this. It was easy to reach every places in central Kolkata by foot or by tuk-tuk. The hotel was clean and well run. The reception staff could have been more helpful, but as a total we have nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this nice review about Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata on TripAdvisor.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially for mentioning our great customer services. We strongly believe in fulfilling our motto ''MY BEST FOR THE GUEST''

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The room was very small with no windows at all. It was quite suffocating in there. The bathroom was so small that you had to squeeze in to be able to close the door behind you.

Finally the location was incorrect. It says 'Taltala' on the address but the hotel is in New Market. The taxi warned me but I still took him to the said address, but the taxi driver was right. None of the taxi drivers knew about Lindsay Street

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank S B
Thelindsaykolkata, Guest Relations Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Lindsay, Kolkata!!!

We are glad that you spent your valuable time to review us. Thank you for your feedback.

Have a nice day.

Warm regards

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stay for one night with hotel Lindsay and happy to announce enjoyed my whole stay with great food, great services & great location. This hotel is in between the very busy market, so you can have great shopping there at reasonable cost. my overall experience was awesome and recommend to try this hotel at least once.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We do very much value the feedback of our guest and we appreciate your feedback about Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata on TripAdvisor.

We also thank you also for recommending us to your friends as this the best publicity we can get. I will certainly forward your wonderful review to my entire staff to encourage them in what they are doing.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hotel Lindsay and Kolkata.

Thnaks & Regards,

Reviewed 5 February 2014

My experience was not positive. I was traveling alone and thought this was a good selection based on the pictures they show on internet.
As you can see from the pictures I took this hotel has different types of rooms. They gave me one room that has nothing to do with the pictures they post. The hotel has different types floors, they just show the rebuil ones, and if you are not aware of this situation they will send you to the oldest dirty rooms they have, which I find not fair.
When I complain to my travel agent, they offer me to move to another room, I thought it was going to be a better one but no, it was the room from the pictures. Then at 9pm they called me again and say now they were giving me a nice room, my question is if they are offering now a nice room, is because they knew I was in a bad one.

The staff was polite but not very helpfull.

The breakfast was average.

I think they need to work more on quality standards, because if you have good luck you can get one nice clean room, but if not, as in my case, you can get one of the back yard rooms. And is not about the price, I saw the pictures on internet and paid the rate they ask, but for a nice room which I didn´t get..
For me it´s was a stressfull experience, I didnt want to continue complaining so decided to move to another hotel the next day.

Room Tip: Make sure they will give you a rebuilt room located a least a couple of floors below the restaurant...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Martha S
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,

At the outset I would like to thank you for staying with us.

I had seen your review on the TripAdvisor and felt very disheartened that you had a stressful experience. I have since then gone into the depth of the matter and found that there was a miss-communication from the travel agent who had made your reservation. The category of room booked was a standard one which are not renovated nor displayed on the online portals and generally not allocated to guest on our own but on specific request from the guest, as was in your case from the travel agent.

Nevertheless I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your stay.

I have shared your feedback with the team and assure you that this was an isolated incident and not our practice. Hence i request you to not let this mar your impression of the overall services at The Lindsay.

All of us eagerly look forward to your valued Clientele in future. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity of serving your to showcase ourselves in better as our MOTTO is " My Best For The Guest".

Reviewed 29 January 2014

As a female traveling to Kolkata alone to do some research, I was looking for a hotel where I could feel safe and be able to some work during my stay. Hotel Lindsay had both, room was comfortable, big and nice and they had wifi, breakfast, newspapers at the door in the morning and a great location. To access the wifi you needed an indian telephonenumber to verify every 24 hours -- if you don't have it they'll help you at the reception. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful in every way. Would stay here again the next time I'm on Kolkata.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata recently. Thank you for taking the time to review us TripAdvisor.

Our endeavor is to ensure that you and every guest are made to feel special and i am glade to note that you had an enjoyable stay and i will certainly pass on your kind words of appreciation about your wonderful experience you had to my entire team which will go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of services.

The Hotel Lindsay location and proximity to the business houses, Government offices, Heritage land marks and shopping malls makes it ideal choice for corporate as well as leisure travelers even though the journey from the Airport to the hotel may take a while.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My yet another stay at Hotel Lindsay during a family trip did not disappoint me. Impressive ambience, large, spacious and well maintained rooms supported by wonderful service and great food. Right from the friendly reception to the polite doorman and the concerned liftman- you are sure to experience courtesy at every step. The location too is enviable- it’s bang in the middle of the New Market area, strategically placed near taxis, rickshaws and the metro. Highly recommended for both business and family travellers.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Hotellindsay123, General Manager at The Lindsay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Compliments of the season !!!

At Hotel Lindsay, Kolkata our endeavor is to offer excellent accommodation, food and prompt and personalized service to our guest. I will certainly pass on your kind words of appreciation about your wonderful experience you had during your stay to my entire team which will go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of services.

My team and i feel privileged that you have considered writing this review and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hotel Lindsay and Kolkata.