Bodhi Tree
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Taj Bengal Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$182
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$115
Swissotel Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$97
Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$136
US$104
Agoda.com
The Park Kolkata(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$190
US$119
  • Breakfast included
Vedic Village Spa Resort(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$88
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Kolkata Ballygunge(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$119
US$113
Agoda.com
The Peerless Inn(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$163
US$82
Sapphire Suites(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$64
  • Breakfast included
Jameson Inn Shiraz(Kolkata (Calcutta))
US$79
US$66
Priceline
All reviewsmetro stationguest housebeautiful art workquiet streethotel is lovelythe ground floorindiataxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2013

location is not in the center but with metro at 7min distance, you can be fast anywhere.
Staff is nice, but not perfect service wise and is not speaking well english. However they will call the owner immediately if there are "more difficult" questions. Owners were always very helpful by phone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tonioto
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Quaint and cozy this place is a heaven to be in after a hard days work
neat rooms excellent food and ambience
lots of interesting art displayed and the ambience is amazing
great place to stay need to infrom in advance as there are very few rooms avlb.
Very reasonable and affordable

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I made a reservation for a client visiting kolkata in October. I spoke with the owner on the phone and she confirmed the reservation. When I arrived at the hotel at my expected time she said that they no longer had a room available because she had given it to a guest who had decided to stay and extra day without informing us. She then told me that it was my responsibility to confirm the reservation. He help she provided was to send us to a terribly dirty hotel without any amenities. Never apoligized. This was extremly embarrassing for me with a visiting client.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Hallieelizabeth
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Bodhi Tree was my first stop in India. I arrived after midnight, which wasn't a problem; they sent a driver to collect me at the airport (for a fee) and had my room ready for me. I stayed in the smallest room, which is a little cramped, but was enough for me as a lone traveller. The bed was a little damp, but alright.

The hotel is outside the city centre, but is convenient to reach by metro, and the manager was happy to arrange a taxi to take me to the train station at a fair price. Breakfast is simple but tasty, and is served on a pretty little terrace at the back. Wifi is free and reliable. Snacks, drinks and full meals are available, and staff are accommodating and friendly.

The remarkable thing for me was how quiet the hotel is. Kolkata is a noisy, crowded city, and Bodhi Tree is surprisingly serene in the midst of this.

Room Tip: All the rooms are themed and priced differently. It may be worth considering a bigger room if you're a couple.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Delightful boutique hotel in a quiet street in southern Kolkata. Surrounded by fabulous art, the Bodhi Tree is comfortable, professionally run and the staff are most friendly and helpful. Santu the manager deserves a special mention for customer service beyond what I usually experience. Breakfast is sufficient in size and very tasty (don’t understand previous complaint), whilst I ate both lunch and dinner there which were both again, home cooked and great, especially the egg curry. Collection from the airport is high at 1500 rp, but it is an air conditioned private car which meets you at arrivals with a sign. The hotel is difficult to find in the south of the city and most taxi driver’s don’t know it - consequently this service is worth it. Public transport connections are good, street is quiet and safe. The room is comfortable, beautifully designed. The internet works well and the staff are ready to help with anything. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo