Bodhi Tree
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Marble Palace Guest House(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Chandra's Guest House(Kolkata (Calcutta))
Very Good 4/5
    OYO 460 Hotel Ivory Residency(Kolkata (Calcutta))
    Great 4.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    OYO 8504 Namans Inn(Kolkata (Calcutta))
    Good 3.5/5
      Sismo Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
      Average 3/5
        Depak Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
        • Pool
        • Restaurant
        Sea Coast Hotel Pvt Ltd(Kolkata (Calcutta))
        Great 4.5/5
        Metropole Hotel(Kolkata (Calcutta))
        Tollygunge Club(Kolkata (Calcutta))
        Hotel Venkateswara(Kolkata (Calcutta))
        • Room Service
        All reviewsmetro stationguest housebeautiful art workquiet streethotel is lovelythe ground floorindiataxi
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed 2 December 2013

I actually came more than once to the Bodhi Tree. The first time, in 2010, I followed the advice of a friend that told me it was safe and cosy. I was travelling alone. I met the owner, Devdan. When he understood that I was doing research on the godess Kali, he offered me to go to Kalighat! Then I brought my mum and also my boyfriend. Every room offers a particular atmosphere, with its own style. If you book in advance, you may find the perfect room according to your own taste. If you like visual art, this hotel is THE place to stay in Kolkata!
        Very close to the metro it's located in the South of the City which is quieter. As a young woman, travelling alone, I must say that I feel home at the Bodhi Tree.

Room Tip: My favorite room is Tantrayana. A magical atmosphere, very confortable bed.
        • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
        2  Thank fannyguex
        Reviewed 27 November 2013

location is not in the center but with metro at 7min distance, you can be fast anywhere.
        Staff is nice, but not perfect service wise and is not speaking well english. However they will call the owner immediately if there are "more difficult" questions. Owners were always very helpful by phone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
        1  Thank tonioto
        Reviewed 8 November 2013

Quaint and cozy this place is a heaven to be in after a hard days work
        neat rooms excellent food and ambience
        lots of interesting art displayed and the ambience is amazing
        great place to stay need to infrom in advance as there are very few rooms avlb.
        Very reasonable and affordable

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
        Reviewed 4 November 2013

I made a reservation for a client visiting kolkata in October. I spoke with the owner on the phone and she confirmed the reservation. When I arrived at the hotel at my expected time she said that they no longer had a room available because she had given it to a guest who had decided to stay and extra day without informing us. She then told me that it was my responsibility to confirm the reservation. He help she provided was to send us to a terribly dirty hotel without any amenities. Never apoligized. This was extremly embarrassing for me with a visiting client.

• Stayed: October 2013
        3  Thank Hallieelizabeth
        Reviewed 8 October 2013

Bodhi Tree was my first stop in India. I arrived after midnight, which wasn't a problem; they sent a driver to collect me at the airport (for a fee) and had my room ready for me. I stayed in the smallest room, which is a little cramped, but was enough for me as a lone traveller. The bed was a little damp, but alright.

The hotel is outside the city centre, but is convenient to reach by metro, and the manager was happy to arrange a taxi to take me to the train station at a fair price. Breakfast is simple but tasty, and is served on a pretty little terrace at the back. Wifi is free and reliable. Snacks, drinks and full meals are available, and staff are accommodating and friendly.

The remarkable thing for me was how quiet the hotel is. Kolkata is a noisy, crowded city, and Bodhi Tree is surprisingly serene in the midst of this.

Room Tip: All the rooms are themed and priced differently. It may be worth considering a bigger room if you're a couple.
        • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo