“Worst is the better word to tittle it”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Hotel Pushpak International
Ranked #131 of 218 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Mumbai
“Worst is the better word to tittle it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I booked this hotel via CLEARTRIP from 12 noon for the next 2 days & reached the hotel by mid night 11.00PM, i handed over the booking voucher to the front desk person. he was asking me where is my profile in the booking voucher. i shown my name but he was not convinced and replied back to me name doesn't matter for him & he need my complete profile with the detail of cleartrip payment. by my luck some how he could locate that voucher is for 1 × Standard AC Room. by cribbing so much he provided a room where AC was not providing any cooling to room, Geyser was not heating the water & very dirty blankets & dirty bed also TV with no channels & no control buttons. too bad to pay Rs.1400 + TAX for this worst room(I couldnt find any worst word than the worst, as worst is the best word to name this hotel).
Next day in the afternoon i was going for my work with my trolly bag and the person at the reception asked am i checking out or what, i told i booked for two days and one more day left with the booking & the person was asking me to pay the tea bill of Rs.15/- by assuming i am checking out the hotel without informing. which means i paid Rs.1400+TAX in advance & the hotel is not trusting the guest for not even Rs.15/-, and the great part was at the evening i ordered a Fresh lime Soda worth Rs.25/-, & i received the bill of Rs.50/- after 45 Minutes. the hotel guys arguing with me saying i drunk twice within 5 minutes gap. finally i told them to ask the person who served the drink. after an hour they found that their manager only had that drink & put the bill on me. after that i asked about the TV channel, few people came & checked the TV and there they found DD channel was working. they were asking me to watch that channel. since i refused they changed the room where atleast AC & TV worked fine.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Perth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My partner and I checked out the room and decided that we would check in after not being impressed but over looking for somewhere else. We both handed over our passports to check in and were told that as we were not the same nationality we could not share a room. I argued and he said it was hotel regulation. So be aware, westerners are not allowed to share rooms with Asian/Indians. We decided to go somewhere more hospitable!
I suggest they review their hotel regulations or at least have them on display.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank nomestar

Travellers are raving about these Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels

Vijayawada, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Don't stay at this hotel. they charged Rs.2100/- for a little big room, very tiny bath room, dirty blankets, no lift. Air condition not worked properly. Hotel is in the dirty surroundings. Illiterate bearers. Food supplied to the room is not bad. Persons in the reception is informative and good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dehradun
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Upgraded from Dorm to Single Room and paid Rs. 1800 per day. There was no Wi-Fi, no fridge. The bed was hard. The blanket had seen better days. The street on the bathroom side was noisy. I have seen better rooms for this price. Certainly not value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Jodhpur
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Location is good ,rooms fine, House keepoing terrible staff Friendly ,not worth for money we pay,
There wereno blankets for my room at arrival till I departed room service told me "we are short of Blankets",
House keeping Zero, no one bothered to clean rooms for THree long days ,
Check in time 12 hrs I reached at 6hrs receptionist asked me to pay 600 additionla tough the rooms were empty???

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

A decent stay, I have booked a dormitory for solo. The location of the hotel is in a prime locality. The dormitory could fill in 8 people, with shared bathroom. I paid Rs 350 for the dorm for 2 nights.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

2 Thank Leeladhar B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

I am very much disappointed during my trip to this hotel and really regret for staying there.
Whatever features seen on the website does not seem to be there in real and hospitality wise too the hotel need to lift its standard to sustain in this business. Sorry to say this again, but very much disappointed

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family