“Poor Service, terrible experience.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Pushpak International

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Hotel Pushpak International
Ranked #131 of 216 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Cuttack, India
“Poor Service, terrible experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I went Kolkata with my family for vacation last week for 3 days. I stayed in Hotel Pushpak International. We had booked 2 rooms there. But they gave us 2 rooms far from each other there was no choice of rooms. One of the room was too small. The both rooms were dirty as well as the bathrooms.The bathroom glasses were broken. Showers were not working. Room ac was working very poorly, actually not working at all. Hotel staffs were not helpfull. We stayed there for 2 days but noone cleaned or sweeped the rooms once. Food was very poor but rate was high. Rotis were like papad. It was a very poor experience there.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing to market.. wonderful view. Avoid backside rooms like 205 etc.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank AnshumanM2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Compared to the experience of other people, my stay at Pushpak as been almost completely positive. Nice hot running shower, clean room, great AC, paid 1300 rupees for my single room (which seems to be a lot less than most of the competition). Initially the guy at reception told me the price was 1600, but I told him the website said 1400. He said that didn't include tax(?). Putting aside that I could have booked the hotel for that amount on booking.com, he didn't argue, and instead reduced the room cost to 1300 rupees, to my surprise. I am used to paying much less for my rooms in India as a backpacker, but Kolkata seems to be all round more expensive.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Naadim S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel couple of times and I found it decent, its near to the heart of the city, so major destinations are close, Park Street is adjacent, so you get plenty of options for food and drinks. I wont say that the rooms are very clean, but its having minimum standards, its not expensive and good for a short stay.

Room Tip: Avoid road side rooms and choose the ones with windows.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank go4subir3d
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel seemed the best of the ones we were shown in the price range and location. The rooms were expensive compared to what we found elsewhere in India, but seemed good value for money in Kolkata. We were a party of 4 in 2 rooms. We had rooms across the hall from each other. The rooms were not quite clean and I don't think I would have been happy with the sheets, but we brought our own sleeping bags so that was ok. Staff were friendly and helpful, and we found the doorman to be a real sweetheart. The location is in the heart of the Lonely Planet guide's recommended accommodation area. We found a lot of the places we could walk to a lot of the places we wanted to see (but we do love walking and a 30-minute walk is nothing to us). We also found that taxi drivers didn't seem to know where they were going in Kolkata anyway (they often had to stop and ask directions).
We ordered from the room service menu once and it was a lovely surprise. The food was fresh and really tasty. The downside was that we all seemed to have headaches and sinus pain the whole time we stayed there. I don't know if this was due to Kolkata's general pollution, or if it was to do with the faintly diesel smell I noticed in our room, but I do know we all felt better as soon as we moved on.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Agra, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I arrived to realise the dorm i had pre booked was for males only so was unable to stay there not what you need as a female lone traveller after a long train journey! The staff were very unhelpful and rude ann offered no help apart from a room fo 1300 baring in mind my dorm was for 250!!! I couldnt stay there and would like a full refund from clear trip as this should be stated in the description!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Travellers are raving about these Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I checked in this hotel on 14th February, 2014 with my wife and stayed 2 nights at room#205, as I couldn't find a room in my intended hotel. The room was very dirty even after they cleaned it. and the toilet was worst, I had to buy a pair of sleeper to enter into it as they don't provide any. They took 1800INR/Night and it was never a 1800 Inr hotel. I will never check in to this hotel again,

Room Tip: Don't take any back side rooms such as 205,204.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Booked this hotel because our flight arrived after midnight, and needed a place with a 24-hour reception that we could stay for a few hours before flying to Delhi the next morning. Arrived and two men - a confused security guard and a singlet-clad man - greeted our arrival at 130AM looking perplexed. This is despite booking a room weeks before.

-They check a logbook, indeed our booking is there, but they approach the issue as if I was just making a booking right there. Asked me what kind of room I wanted, silly questions I preferred to not deal after a long,restless flight.

-Another man comes grumbling down, evidently their boss. Again, we have to repeat the details of the kind of room we want. He asks for our passport and says he'll return it in the morning. I tell him to make the copies right away so we can hold on to our passports, after some back and forth, he turns around, opens a compartment with a copier and takes all of two minutes to do something he initially required a whole night for.

-Then he takes a look at my booking confirmation, 1,800 rupees paid for that one night. Except for a 12% tax. He says its 17% now, a "new rate". I raise my voice to say that we are sticking to the rate mentioned in the booking. He nods reluctantly.

-The room is filthy with small cockroaches, not noise-proofed for Kolkata's honking cabs (they go all day and night), and a roll of tissue paper provided for the room had a price tag on it. To call this a "hotel" is a wild stretch, and I'm surprised that legitimate booking websites still list this place. It is dirty, run by distrustful and opportunistic people, and I'd rather have stayed on the street in a rag than repeat the experience I had here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends