“Pleasent Stay...”
Review of Hotel Heera

Hotel Heera
Ranked #118 of 221 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
pune
“Pleasent Stay...”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

we are four friends went to Kolkata for some official work, we decided to stay in Kolkata for two days and visit the places. so we booked hotel Esplanade Chambers from travel guru got confirmation from travel guru and on the way to hotel we called the hotel to inform we are reaching there but surprisingly hotel guy said there were no rooms available. After one hour struggle with the Travel guru call center. They arranged 2 rooms at Hotel Heera and promised that was good deal than the previous hotel.This hotel is very well located in the heart of the City very near to Esplanade in the lane beside of DGP office on grant road.
Hotel is surrounded with the shops. Hotel entrance is very small once you enter the hotel reception is good. Hotel manger was help full and nice guy. Hotel rooms are clean and comfortable. There was a refrigerator in our room I think they haven't cleaned it from long time but because its winter there was no need to use that. Hot water is available 24 hrs.
I definitely don't suggest this hotel for families or official meetings, but I can surly suggest the hotel is good people travel without their family like with friends traveling together for a trip...
you can walk to Esplanade metro station so you can reach any part of the city in less than half an hour. They doesn't have in house restaurant so they do room service for this,Food quality is OK according to the rates(Found Rates are very less than Pune's smaller restaurant) ,
they will take orders for food till 10.30PM so you can roam around the city and come back and order your food.

over all OK to stay for 2 nights, if don't expect too much from a hotel.

Room Tip: we stayed in the rooms facing on the road, There is lots of hussel fussel going on the road because...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
10 Thank sivaintouch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 12 July 2013

not filthy, we even had hot water and free Wifi.
The staff is fine, although they try to get tip for everything they do and sometimes even insist on it.
Also it is very noisy, but you get used to it after spending some time
The location was the best thing about the Hotel Heera. Just north of New Market it is an easy walk south to Central Kolkata or north to BBD Bagh area. The room was clean and their is hot water for showers. You do need a sleeping sheet because there is no other linen other than a bottom sheet. There is a TV but it is a small, old style set. There is supposedly a restaurant but I'm not sure where, I only had one brekkie here but I'd suggest it's a better idea to head to Sudder St or further afield to eat.

The staff are attentive but they do expect a tip in return. As I caught a taxi for the airport after my stay, I had 4 staff (the man who sourced the taxi for me and 3 others who kept me company) tell me they all deserved tips. I wasn't angry about it and they were not overly forceful in their request - I was more bemused as they were trying it on! - and I left with a smile having just tipped the man who got the taxi for me. But this is a demonstration of my experience of the staff here.

Room Tip: Not Recommended to stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JasperJ0hn

Travellers are raving about these Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels

Graz, Österreich
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

In our first room (14) we found a little mouse, so we switched to the neighbor room (13). It was ok, not filthy, we even had hot water and free Wifi.
Also it is very noisy, but you get used to it after spending some time in India.

• Stayed February 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I was meant to stay at the Hotel Heera Holiday Inn. I'd arrived really early and the man at reception organised me to stay at another of their hotels - ie the Hotel Heera - because they had a room I could check in straight away.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

we sometimes stay here for half day/night usually when we need to catch a train or a flight. For 1500- 2000rs it well worth it given its excellent location for shopping, food and so on. Yeah its a bit noisy outside but then thats how local ppl in kolkata usually are. Surprisingly the food here is excellent subtle in taste, bathrooms are in *okay* conditions you can always ask for new towels. The staff here is k.. room service is good actually they dont take half an hour to serve few cups of tea/coffee like in most hotels! they'll arrange cabs at any given time of the day without much hazzle (thats v important to me) . In short you get what your paying for.

Room Tip: Ask them for extra cushions, change of towels.... and be prepared to tip around 20-30rs cause they...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gypsyychic
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 December 2011

The staff and management were not friendly and not helpful at all. Room 13 was smelly and must be avoided. The staff kept asking for tipping. The worst hotel I have stayed in India.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Whilst being located in a quiet lane but good walking distance to markets, etc., my five night stay there was greatly marred by the unpleasant, unfriendly and at times (a little stalker-like) staff. Management were outright rude and unpleasant at all times. Staff felt they had the right to enter our room, whenever they liked (WITHOUT KNOCKING). Who does this???? New fresh towels didn't look like they were washed at all. Stayed here as part of an Intrepid Tours trip and wrote to Intrepid urging them to drop this hotel from their travel itinerary. Would NOT recommend this place at all.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends