“One of all time fav in the city”
Review of Peter Cat

Peter Cat
Ranked #11 of 4,185 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Leicester, United Kingdom
“One of all time fav in the city”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have been going to this place since I was a kid having celebrated many birthdays,special occasions here with family and friends.Any visit to Park Street would usually end up having dinner at Peter Cat.This time I took my kids to this place along with my parents.My dad loves the food here.One disadvantage is that Peter Cat does not accept any reservations and usually there is a waiting of about 20 -30 minutes depending on which day of the week it is.We went on a Monday just to avoid the crowd.On seeing my 7 months old daughter in a stroller we were promptly given a table.Infact my 4 year old son and my daughter received a very warm welcome.This place serves amazing sizzlers ,one of my favourites here which we did order.The portions are very good .We did try its famous chelo kebab as well.For deserts you definitely need to try tutti frutii...it's one of the best in the city.The place has not changed much ..it looks the same even after it's renovation and restoration.We will definitely be back soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“WOW! Great Experience”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The restaurant was recommended by our Kolkata Colleagues for Challo Kebabs which is served with Rice. The Veg Sheek Kebabs, Various Non Veg Dishes served are just great. It is recommended that if you are not a big eater, just stick to Challo Kebabs and not order any other side dishes as the quantity is too heavy for a normal eater. The restaurant is located in Park Street and is always full. If you are there for dinner, pls. be early so that you can get a seat. The food is tasty and great! & the experience WOW! Do not Miss it!!!

Madurai, India
“A good restaurant with a funny name !!!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Had been to peter cat for diner.The restaurant is located on park street.It was crowded on a saturday night.We got a seat to sit on arrival.The challo kababs are very famous in this restaurnat and this one dish is a meal by itself.The taste was good.Service was quick and prompt.
The only draw back was they didn't have a TV to watch the football match,which was a bit disappointing.

Bhubaneswar, India
“Good food good ambience”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Peter Cat is a restaurant I have been going for the past four decades. Moreover its location was near to my past office so we used to have packed lunch from there too. I can say it has never disappointed me. The quality of food is still the same but of course now it has become too crowded. What I like most about this place is the courteous behaviour of the staff. The food is always good. Though most go there for their chelo kabab, please try other dishes as well, specially fish dishes.
Now I do not stay in Kolkata but whenever I go there I make it a point to visit Peter Cat.
Thank you Peter Cat for all the good memories I have with you.

• Visited September 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good restaurant in Park Street area”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I ate here a couple of times. The restaurant was always very busy. Service was quick and polite. Food was tasty and good value. Nice ambience.

• Visited November 2013