“Too many downs”

Ranked #54 of 54 Hotels in Recife
Sao Paulo, SP
“Too many downs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

Not really a savvy choice. At first, seemed an adequate option for a short stay, but way pricey to what it is offered in exchange. Rundown furniture, shabby bathroom, wore out bed sheets and towels.
Moreover, after leaving I discovered that was charged double, and took me a month of e-mail poking to get it reimbursed.
In the end, an ok breakfast and the fine location do not save the day. Seriously: Look for another option.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel is getting old.They say it is 4 star but it is not. Service was OK. People are nice. Lunch at the pool is the best thing they have going.Rooms need to be updated. Prices for the room are way to high for what they offer. Seems like all the hotel prices in Recife have gone up in the last few years.Location is close to the beach. No Spa services.

Room Tip: Try and negotiate a better price they will come down
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Gregory D

Travellers are raving about these Recife hotels

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband and I stayed 10 days in this hotel last year whilst we were waiting for his visa approval to come through. The staff were very friendly and accommodating where they could be but we had endless trouble with the wireless and internet connection. The mosquitoes were in abundance and a real trouble for us. The outside area of the pool was having a lot of work done on it but that just added noise and hassle to the whole process. breakfast was monotonous but sufficient every day. This hotel was good in its hey day but needs a lot of love and attention to attract new people to stay and repeat visitors. Good location for the beach though

Room Tip: Another hotel ....
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

Old hotel, no efforts to reform or change the furniture or the walls... employees that doesn´t care about you, treat you with no attention. Poor breakfast, a lot of mosquitos in the badroon that doesn´t allow me to sleep, the remote control of the tv only functioned when it wanted, the room service was very poor. I paid not so much money, but it was expensive for what I faced there. Avoid it seriously.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Unneberg
Savage, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

Apparently we aren't the only ones that hated this hotel. When we first arrived in Recife we stayed in beautiful historic Olinda for a few nights before heading north along the coast. Upon returning, we dropped friends at the airport and were catching an early morning flight ourselves so we just wanted a convenient, decent place for a couple hours sleep. After we caught a cab to one recommended hotel and found it full, the driver called around and took us instead to the Recife Monte. We didn't realize until it was too late what a dump the place really was.

From the outside the hotel looks great, and the lobby is quite fancy, leading us to mistakenly believe that the place was a high-class hotel. When the guy at teh front desk told us how much a room for the night was - R$240 - our jaws nearly dropped since it was almost twice what we had paid in Olinda and other places. But we figured from the looks of it, the room would be worth the money so we accepted.

Unfortunately he asked us to pay up front before seeing our room, which we did, not thinking anything of it. Then we got up to our room and our jaws really dropped! The air was humid and mildew smelling and had weird dark green walls. To top it off, I set down our bags, leaned over the edge of the bed and saw a cockroach, not yet quite dead, lying on its back kicking its legs feebly in the air. We immediate pointed this out to the bellhop, who nodded that he would do something...which meant a maid showed up five minutes later to sweep up the roach.

If it hadn't already been night and we weren't leaving so early in the morning I might have tried to get our money back and find a new place, but instead we just resolved to spend as little time as possible in the room. After dinner, we reluctantly retreated, used the bathroom only for essential purposes (I was certainly not showering there!), ignored the pathetic trickle of water from the sink faucet and then lay gingerly on the bed to avoid touching anything.

For a final insult, we had told the guy at the front desk we needed a taxi at 4am, which he had written on our bill. But when we got down to the front desk at 3:55am it was dark and there was no taxi. A different guy had to call us one, which luckily arrived quickly, but it was annoying none the less.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AngieMN
Itu-SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

The accomodations can be bad, but when you claim for something better, generally you get anything that makes your stay marvellous, because, the location is very very pleasant, near everything must be seen.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Brazil
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2009

Oh my god, I have no words to tell how grows this hotel is, this place should be closed.
Name it a HOTEL is to offend the all the hotels in the world.
This hotel was the worst I stayed in my hole life ( I travelled alot to poor cities and simple places).
I wanted to stay in a budget hotel just to spend one night before getting my plane. The windows were trembeling noises with he wind out side, the blankets were full of holes and did not cover all the bed, i simply hate to sleep in contact with matress, I never do it in my own bed, can you imagine what I felt there?
The bathroom is terrible.
Believe me when I say the price does not worth, there are lotes of other hotels near by and not so expensive.
Never trust the hotels web site...
I wish this place could desapear from the world.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business