“Hated to leave”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crane Hill
AnchorLight Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Crane Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at AnchorLight. It was more beautiful that the pictures show, and the experience was beyond wonderful. From the moment we got there until the time we left, it was amazing. We got to take a tour on the lake in the tug boat Maggie, and while there we renewed and recommitted our lives to each other. The weather was perfect - and July in Alabama that can't be said a lot - so we feel the Heavens were smiling down on us. We can't wait to go back, and according to my husband, now AnchorLight is "our place." I couldn't ask for more. If you have the opportunity to visit, you won't regret it.

Renee Hilburn

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renee H

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I went to the bed and breakfast with my best friend. We were looking for something affordable and relaxing and this was the perfect place. Gorgeous views, lots of fun activities, nice area for swimming, and absolutely perfect for rest and relaxation. Maggie and Captain Jon make you feel right at home.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Sraustin123
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We went to the Anchorlight for our 5th anniversary.Some friends of ours told us about it. They made it sounds like so much fun I told my husband thats what I wanted to do for our anniversary. We had a gret time. Very relaxing. Maggie and Captain John we the best hosts!! Maggie's attention to the little things made our stay that much better. The tub boat ride was a lot of fun. When we told our kids about they all instantly said "we wanna go". Hope to be able to take them sometime. We loved our stay and hope to get to go back soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leah D
Reviewed 12 July 2012

It was my Husbands Birthday. I wanted a truly Unique Gift for him. We frequent antique shops and as we were checking out I found a card for the AnchoLlight B&B. I looked at the website and was enchanted!!! So I called and spoke with Maggie and made plans for a surprise weekend for my husband who by the way LOVES light houses. Hubby only knew we were going and nothing else. Imagine his surprise as we approached this awesome building. The Top Room is delightful...the bathroom built just as on a boat was so awesome! And my oh my what an awesome set of meals we were fed. In addition Maggie went overboard on making the room as well at the top light room decorated with birthday items. And eating meals in the top light room with the wondrous view was marvelous! We had a wee cookout the first night on the lower grassy area. The next day we were off in a paddle boat to view Smith Lake with a picnic lunch. And of course a ride on Maggie the Tug Boat...what a way to spend the weekend! Maggie and Captain John are the Most Gracious B&B Hosts ever!!! Maggie also made us a lovely wee scrapbook with pics she took of us enjoying our time there...how precious!!!
We have been to many a B&B but this one by far is one NOT to miss!!!!

Room Tip: There are several rooms that were almost completed when we were there but the top room is by far sup...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank La Belle R
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and I were lighthouse collectors and B&B "groupies" so imagine our excitement at finding this wonderful place. Sleeping in the lighthouse,reading and enjoying snacks as well as delicious evening desserts at the top of the lighthouse,chugging around the lake in the delightful refurbished tugboat,and eating fabulous breakfasts were only a few of the highlights of our visit.
Getting to know the fascinating innkeepers,Maggie and Jon, perhaps topped the list. This beautiful couple has a very special place in my heart. My husband has passed away,but the adventure of our time here will always be a very special memory.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JudyFKD
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I took my wife for her birthday because she loves Lighthouses and I wanted to surprise her. I didn't tell her what we were doing except that it was something she had never done. As we drove to Anchor Light she could see by the signs that we were staying somewhere on a lake but she had no idea that a Lighthouse was soon to appear. There was an instant connection with Maggie and Jon (Tug) as they are great hosts. I had forgotten about the getting the ride around the lake and just as my wife says it would be cool to ride in the boat, Jon come up to us and said "When do you want to take a boat ride"? We unpacked then off we hit the water, Smith Lake is a great lake to cruise especially in a tugboat. We've been on many large cruise ships but this vessel had a charm that we will never forget. If you like Lighthouses, great views and being around water this would be a great experience for anyone, also we could not have asked for better hosts.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TNPitbull1130
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My wife and I spent our first anniversary at the lighthouse. We enjoyed the attention to detail from Jon and Maggie, from the ride on the tugboat around the lake to the surprise desserts at our door later that evening. And breakfast at the top of the lighthouse was perfect. Very romantic -- and a fun place to stay.

Room Tip: Only one room when we stayed there, but they were working on a second, larger one.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Been to AnchorLight Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!