“Unforgettable experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crane Hill
AnchorLight Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Crane Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My wife and I found out about this B&B while surfing the 'net for a place to stay over Veterans Day weekend. I'm glad we chose to stay at AnchorLight because it was a once in a lifetime experience. This couple has built their lifelong dream and now shares it with others.

We enjoyed spending the evening in the top of the lighthouse watching the sunset while eating snacks and drinking sodas provided for us. Finally we went down to our room where we had a good nights rest. While there are TV's there if you want to watch, we chose just to take it all in with that being a distraction.

The following morning we woke up to a great breakfast provided for us in the lamp room at the top of the lighthouse. It was pouring down rain (which just added to the experience) and our hosts brought our breakfast up to us even in this inclement weather.

The weather was not the best but we had a great time anyway. We will go back and take a ride around Smith Lake in the Captain's tugboat, Maggie. Maggie is also the Captain's wife's name. They were great hosts and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ezriderga

Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband, three children and I visited the AnchorLIght B&B over the Labor Day Weekend. We enjoyed the light house accommodations, the dock and swimming in the beautiful Smith Lake. Our ride on "Maggie" the Tug was really beautiful and so very enjoyable. Maggie and Jon went the extra mile to make us feel welcome, from the little gifts for the kids to the nicely stocked snack basket.

We choose when we wanted our breakfast served (never early enough for my 13 year old daughter) and enjoyed an absolutely beautiful and delicious spread. Fresh fruit, OJ, coffee, eggs, bacon, biscuits.... yum!!

My hubby and I stayed in the 'main' guest room while the kids stayed in the lamp room. They were in the lake swimming before and between every meal! We enjoyed a bon fire each night we were there and roasted marshmallows while watching the moon rise over the lake, followed by yet another dip in the lake. We never left the grounds! When it was time to go home, we left feeling rested, relaxed and pampered! We are hoping to make this a yearly tradition!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer E
Reviewed 9 August 2012

AnchorLight Bed and Breakfast is an example of one man's dream comes true. Jon, who was the Captain, had a dream to build a lighthouse of his own. With his determination and efforts, his lighthouse is suitated above Lake Smith in Crane Hill, Alabama.

The room is well-equipped, although it is a little bit small. However, you can ride on "Maggie" -- the tug boat -- to enjoy the scenery (the price is included). When you plan your next trip, you can think about it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Yuet018
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at Anchorlight for our fifth anniversary and had a great time. Maggie and Captain Jon really went out of their way to make the stay as enjoyable as possible. The tug boat ride was fun, and staying in the lighthouse was very unique.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at AnchorLight. It was more beautiful that the pictures show, and the experience was beyond wonderful. From the moment we got there until the time we left, it was amazing. We got to take a tour on the lake in the tug boat Maggie, and while there we renewed and recommitted our lives to each other. The weather was perfect - and July in Alabama that can't be said a lot - so we feel the Heavens were smiling down on us. We can't wait to go back, and according to my husband, now AnchorLight is "our place." I couldn't ask for more. If you have the opportunity to visit, you won't regret it.

Renee Hilburn

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renee H
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I went to the bed and breakfast with my best friend. We were looking for something affordable and relaxing and this was the perfect place. Gorgeous views, lots of fun activities, nice area for swimming, and absolutely perfect for rest and relaxation. Maggie and Captain Jon make you feel right at home.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Sraustin123
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We went to the Anchorlight for our 5th anniversary.Some friends of ours told us about it. They made it sounds like so much fun I told my husband thats what I wanted to do for our anniversary. We had a gret time. Very relaxing. Maggie and Captain John we the best hosts!! Maggie's attention to the little things made our stay that much better. The tub boat ride was a lot of fun. When we told our kids about they all instantly said "we wanna go". Hope to be able to take them sometime. We loved our stay and hope to get to go back soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leah D

Been to AnchorLight Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!