“jerry/anita”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crane Hill
AnchorLight Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Crane Hill B&B and Inns
Meridian, Mississippi
“jerry/anita”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

A very relaxing place to stay. Tug and Maggie were excellent hosts. The breakfast and the view were both awesome. The ride on the tugboat to the marina for supper was a very unique experience. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this experience.

Room Tip: great view from the lighthouse room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
alabama
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The is one of the most relaxing places to stay. The lake is beautiful and clean. There is a paddle boat to have fun in and you get a free ride on the tug boat. The ride lasts for an hour or so and is just wonderful. The owners are the best. Tug and Maggie are so nice and feel like old friends. I really felt like my husband and I were being taken care of. So relaxing and it feels like you are in another world with no worries.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hokes Bluff, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My husband found this lighthouse for us to stay for our 9th wedding trip. Tug and Maggie are so nice and do an excellent job making people feel welcome. The lighthouse is so cute and romantic, they food was out of this world. Our weekend there was the best trip my husband and myself have been on as a couple. We are going to make this our weekend getaway as often as we can.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Ridgeway, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My husband, knowing of my childhood dream of living in a lighthouse, and my lifelong love of all things lighthouse, surprised me for my birthday with a lovely weekend getaway at AnchorLight. Maggie and Tug are the perfect hosts, the breakfasts were wonderful... all the personal touches and attention to detail are everywhere... a beautiful location and a wonderful stay!!!! I can't say enough about this special place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PammyPoo32
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My wife and I found out about this B&B while surfing the 'net for a place to stay over Veterans Day weekend. I'm glad we chose to stay at AnchorLight because it was a once in a lifetime experience. This couple has built their lifelong dream and now shares it with others.

We enjoyed spending the evening in the top of the lighthouse watching the sunset while eating snacks and drinking sodas provided for us. Finally we went down to our room where we had a good nights rest. While there are TV's there if you want to watch, we chose just to take it all in with that being a distraction.

The following morning we woke up to a great breakfast provided for us in the lamp room at the top of the lighthouse. It was pouring down rain (which just added to the experience) and our hosts brought our breakfast up to us even in this inclement weather.

The weather was not the best but we had a great time anyway. We will go back and take a ride around Smith Lake in the Captain's tugboat, Maggie. Maggie is also the Captain's wife's name. They were great hosts and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ezriderga
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband, three children and I visited the AnchorLIght B&B over the Labor Day Weekend. We enjoyed the light house accommodations, the dock and swimming in the beautiful Smith Lake. Our ride on "Maggie" the Tug was really beautiful and so very enjoyable. Maggie and Jon went the extra mile to make us feel welcome, from the little gifts for the kids to the nicely stocked snack basket.

We choose when we wanted our breakfast served (never early enough for my 13 year old daughter) and enjoyed an absolutely beautiful and delicious spread. Fresh fruit, OJ, coffee, eggs, bacon, biscuits.... yum!!

My hubby and I stayed in the 'main' guest room while the kids stayed in the lamp room. They were in the lake swimming before and between every meal! We enjoyed a bon fire each night we were there and roasted marshmallows while watching the moon rise over the lake, followed by yet another dip in the lake. We never left the grounds! When it was time to go home, we left feeling rested, relaxed and pampered! We are hoping to make this a yearly tradition!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer E
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2012

AnchorLight Bed and Breakfast is an example of one man's dream comes true. Jon, who was the Captain, had a dream to build a lighthouse of his own. With his determination and efforts, his lighthouse is suitated above Lake Smith in Crane Hill, Alabama.

The room is well-equipped, although it is a little bit small. However, you can ride on "Maggie" -- the tug boat -- to enjoy the scenery (the price is included). When you plan your next trip, you can think about it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
#3 of 10 in Cullman
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cullman
Holiday Inn Express Cullman
Sleep Inn & Suites Cullman

Been to AnchorLight Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!