“great hotel, town not so much”

Holiday Inn Express Cullman
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cullman
lexington
“great hotel, town not so much”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed earlier this month on way to New Orleans. Hotel is clean, employees were incredibly friendly, helpful. Room was spacious, complimentary breakfast was very good with nice selection of food available. However this town closes its doors early. Got into Cullman at around eleven and everything except denny's and fast food was closed. No beer can be purchased after ten o clock. I enjoyed my hotel stay but will not stay in this city again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
mchoisser, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear erhwil,

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy our town it is a small town and it is very unique.If you ever do come back please stay with us again.

Ben Clowers
Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Loved the smiles and loved the dining room staff. Loved the IDEA of employees being helpful, but the reality is they were incompetent. Didn't get to personally speak with the GM, who remained isolated, but each and every "manager", while polite and seemingly sincere, was unable to detangle botched reservations, even after three days. Housekeeping was polite and cheery but unable to make a bed or provide linens in a timely manner (e.g. 4pm and still no towels). For $156/night plus tax, we got taken; except that my mother is 92, I would have changed hotels.

Room Tip: If you book a handicap room BE SURE they note that or you will likely be placed in a regular room wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear carryfont,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Guest feedback and candid comments are so very important to us, as they help us to improve our service and become stronger. Unfortunately, this type of review format does not give me the information that I need to get to the bottom of where the break down with the reservations process and housekeeping department occurred. If you would kindly send me an email at hieca@hotmail.com and let me know your room number and the date that you stayed, I will be able to review all of our processes in hopes of finding out where the problems you reported began, and what we can change to see that they don't happen again in the future.

Please accept my apologies that your stay was not up to the standard that our guests have come to expect.

Again, thank you and we wish you the very best!

Mt. Washington
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I was hoping this hotel would live up to Trip Advisor reviews but I was let down. Our room had an odor much like mold and we had to switch rooms right away. The next room was better but the bathroom was pretty beat up and could use some TLC. Floors were chipped, paint was dirty, and the floor needed a good scrubbing. The room was okay, nothing special. However, the staff was excellent and beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Angellkiss 19,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I know that you have quite a few choices when it comes to choosing a hotel and our goal is to give our guests the best service and the best product. I am very disappointed that we did not live up to other reviewer's comments for your stay. If you will email me at hieca@hotmail.com and let me know which room you were originally in, and which room you were moved into, I will be able to follow up on the issues you described.

We want our guests to have the best experience possible at our hotel. Thank you for helping us to make that happen!

Thanks again and I wish you the very best!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Was there for 3 nights. First night we were woken up at 6am to loud people in the room next to us. Front desk manager switched us rooms and was very helpful. Staff was welcoming during the whole stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Brent T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I'm sorry that you had a problem with the noise level in and around your room, I'm so pleased to hear that the problem was immediately taken care of and that our staff took good care of you while you were here. Thanks again and we wish you the very best!

General Manger
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a lovely hotel that was conveniently located on our route back home from Florida. The decor is beautiful and wonderfully updated. Our room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and efficient. Breakfast was just what we needed before getting back on the road to home. There was a lady monitoring the dining room who was very attentive to keeping the food adequately supplied and the room clean. We were surprised to discover they still provide some smoking rooms in this hotel. We requested a room as far as possible away from those rooms - we were told only one was being used at that time.

Room Tip: We requested a room on the top floor at the end of the hallway. It was very quiet and peaceful. We...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for the review of our hotel! We did just finish a full scale renovation and are very proud of the new look of our hotel. I appreciate you letting us know that you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Well stocked , Very good complimentary breakfast. Indoor Pool open till 11:00 pm. I liked that . Friendly staff, Room was clean, Bedding was clean, Room did have an odor, like a moisture odor I couldn't figure it out. Maybe because it was right across from the pool. One of the bulbs in the bathroom light kept flickering . If we were staying more than one night I would have just asked to switch rooms. Over all it was a good night.

Room Tip: Maybe not get room closet to pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your candid comments about your room. I always welcome the opportunity to improve our property, which improves our guests' experience!

Thank you again and God bless!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Everyone from the front desk staff to the breakfast area people were super friendly! The rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. I, too, like that they provide both firm and soft pillows. The only complaint from my family was that the biscuits at breakfast were not very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly hope that we'll be able to see you again. I will take some time to review our breakfast items, biscuits in particular, and see if perhaps there is some improvement that can be made. Guest feedback is so very important - thanks again for letting us know about your experience. I wish you the very best!